Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starting up a new project shop car. its a 88 mr2, we're going to put a built all motor k20 in it. the car is going to be a scca road race car only, not a street car(but of course will see some street time:laughing: ). whats making us do this swap? mid engine, rwd, 1900lbs chassis, 300+whp all motor. why not do a lotus elise k20 swap? 1. the chassis is expensive. 2. its never been done before. we already have the motor and car. build of the motor has already began, i will most specs on it when its almost complete. power should be around 300hp+ on race gas. all the custom fabrication will be done in house including the roll cage, engine mounting, and the wiring harness. i'll take a couple pics of things as i get a chance. let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
Fucking SWEET! G/L w/ the project dude... def keep us posted :thumbsup:

·
k > b
1,010 Posts
starting up a new project shop car. its a 88 mr2, we're going to put a built all motor k20 in it. the car is going to be a scca road race car only, not a street car(but of course will see some street time:laughing: ). whats making us do this swap? mid engine, rwd, 1900lbs chassis, 300+whp all motor. why not do a lotus elise k20 swap? 1. the chassis is expensive. 2. its never been done before. we already have the motor and car. build of the motor has already began, i will most specs on it when its almost complete. power should be around 300hp+ on race gas. all the custom fabrication will be done in house including the roll cage, engine mounting, and the wiring harness. i'll take a couple pics of things as i get a chance. let me know what you guys think.
great project. i like the mr2 spyder chassis more though and it's just as light. its been done before but so what. mid engine rear wheel drive ftw!

·
2 Peter 1:2
271 Posts
motor mounts

Awesome project idea! Would you be able/willing to replicate the mounts and sell them? I'd love to do that swap.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awsome I want to see this thing when its done but K20's have been swapped into elise before
yea, the elise swap has been done before plenty of times, but i was talking about the mr2 swap not being done before. i guess i worded that wrong:thumbsup:

Awesome project idea! Would you be able/willing to replicate the mounts and sell them? I'd love to do that swap.
yes, i dont think i would make a production line out of it, but i could make a couple sets if people showed alot of interest.

great project. i like the mr2 spyder chassis more though and it's just as light. its been done before but so what. mid engine rear wheel drive ftw!
i know its been done before in the NEWER mr2, but not the old squared out 88 body style. if it has, i'll be damned. i searched around the internet for anyone that's done this before but i didn't find anything. i found a couple mr-s spyder's with this swap but not the body style i'm using.

·
2 Peter 1:2
271 Posts
pics? timeframe?

Again, I'm super interested in this swap. :thumbsup:

·
Spank a ho
4,923 Posts
Seems like it might be fast.:D

·
k > b
1,010 Posts
i know its been done before in the NEWER mr2, but not the old squared out 88 body style. if it has, i'll be damned. i searched around the internet for anyone that's done this before but i didn't find anything. i found a couple mr-s spyder's with this swap but not the body style i'm using.
yeah i haven't seen a k-swap in an older mr2 yet either. when i said it had been done before i was referring to the mr-s or mr2 spyder.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm working on pics guys, the shop has been pretty crazy lately. between trying to build my rsx, trying to work on the mr2, dealing with the shop, i've had my hands full. motor #1(race motor) is all torn apart, just waiting on a couple things to come in to assemble the race motor. as of right now a stock k20a2(#2) and stock type-s trans is going in it just to get the mounts, wiring, suspension, and clearance issues taken care of, this setup will be used as our r&d stage. once we get the car assembled and in running condition, we're gunna pull motor #2 and hopefully motor #1 will be finished. after that, then its project 10 sec. daily driven rsx.:beerchug: oh yea, once motor #2 gets yanked out for the race motor, its getting torn down for my own personal use and assraping.:giggitygiggity: i'll keep you guys posted, i wanna drive this thing on the street already:shady:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts