Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am on planning getting new front seats for my type s i am planing on spending no more than $600 on both i saw nrg's fixed bucket seats they looked pretty good but idk if they are any good? any suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this car your daily driver? If so, I HIGHLY recommend a reclining seat for comfort and practicality.
Yea it is a daily, any rommendations for seats, i just need drivers but i was thinking passangers too.
i saw a few bucker race and reclining seats by nrg for a good price around $500 for both but idk if they are any good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats wrong with your seats now?
The owner before me put some fake ass recaros and recently they broke the the metal tube inside the seat that supports the back. so know the seat is basiaclly reclined 100% all the time. only driver side. yes i can swap with passanger seat but i rather get a new seat/s. but if i do swap it they did such a shitty job putting a rail on the holes are stripped af on both seats. i had to hammer down a bolt in last time just to make it work when they broke. Also i am in no rush its winter so the car is in the garage, but id like it done by end of this month.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yea it is a daily, any rommendations for seats, i just need drivers but i was thinking passangers too.
i saw a few bucker race and reclining seats by nrg for a good price around $500 for both but idk if they are any good.
Corbeau A4 is a great reclining seat. I used to have a set in my old FC several years ago. Comfortable for daily driving yet aggressive bolstering for track use.

They are bit more expensive but they're tested, proven, and well worth the extra money. Don't cheap out on seats as they, along with a whole host of other things, are a big determining factor between life or death during a collision.

Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U get what u pay for. If you dont want to spend more than $600 i suggest you get rsx black cloth seats then
for $600 i can get black leather one's. i was just hoping to find something a little better. but thanks for the input.(not being sarcastic)

·
Registered
620 Posts
for $600 i can get black leather one's. i was just hoping to find something a little better. but thanks for the input.(not being sarcastic)
I think what we are trying to say is that safety should come first and foremost and that means an FIA certified seat.

·
#Inkpot
5,141 Posts
Finding a decent used set for 600 shouldnt be too hard.

Braum is cheap and sells reclining pairs for like 700. Supposed to be halfway decent for cheap seats.

No idea if they'll fit or not.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
The black cloth are better and more rare than the black leathers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finding a decent used set for 600 shouldnt be too hard.

Braum is cheap and sells reclining pairs for like 700. Supposed to be halfway decent for cheap seats.

No idea if they'll fit or not.
thanks ill check it out

The black cloth are better and more rare than the black leathers
ok i see what you mean idk why but i confused with some other seats ill check it out. thank you.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would just make it easy and get RSX seats again, I see them on ebay all of the time. If you hit them with Skidmores leather cream, it'll soften them up really well and prevent cracking. I'm even willing to go as far to say that the seats are now incredibly comfortable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts