Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am getting a new type-s and the first thing I want to do is replace the shifter knob. It is kind of flimsy and lightweight. I want suggestions on good shift knobs (that look and feel good) and if I will need an adapter to use them.

I really like the TSX shift knob. It is heavier, has a red shift patter (will look nice with the red lights of the rsx), is leather wrapped, and is some sort of metal.

I wish acura offered the tsx, tl, or some of the other shift knobs they make for the rsx. The titanium one does look good, but it has to get so cold in the winter (I live in the snow belt of Ohio) and pretty hot in the summer. I konw leather does, but not nearly as much as metal will.

I want something that looks like it belongs in the rsx and that feels good while shifting.

·
Long Member
521 Posts
Momo Cobra.....if you want to go the Momo way...use threadlocker on the mounting screws...and get the Momo boot adapter too...with a zip tie, the stock boot works in a snap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
personally, I think I'm going to get this setup like this guy has -- Razo Ra17. It's only ilke $40 on SoundDomain :thumbsup:

·
Long Member
521 Posts
Razo = ghetto flea market.

...and that guy's got a short shift kit by the looks of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
u sound liek u have your heart set on teh TSX knob....might as well get the TSX knob if that's teh case.

btw, check out the midwest forum, we're having a meet this saturday.
I really like how the TSX knob looks. I gotta actually feel it however, but it is supposed to be a bit heavier than the standard knob.

For everyone else, I want a rounded knob, not a dildo looking one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
HudsonHawk said:
Razo = ghetto flea market.

...and that guy's got a short shift kit by the looks of it.
aaahhh...that's so mean :crying:

whether it's Razo or not, I just like the simple look and gunmetal color. know of any other brands that have similar knobs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JmK5one3 said:
im going with the s2000 shift knob. the tsx is the same shift knob except the numbers are black on the s2000 knob i think?
I like the s2000 shift knob a lot myself, but I like the red letters of the TSX one better. The main reason is that with the red lights and everything it will match better.

Do you have the s2000 knob? If so how is it for driving?

·
Long Member
521 Posts
suprpwr said:
aaahhh...that's so mean :crying:

whether it's Razo or not, I just like the simple look and gunmetal color. know of any other brands that have similar knobs?
I think the Spoon (or maybe Mugen) knobs look like that...but they're expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.