Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, another record has been set for the Stage I RSX. It happened yesterday. This is the same customer who made 322whp a few months back. And since he has a set of rods and pistons on stand-by he wanted to crank up the boost and see what we could get. We did a run @ 14psi on a stage I with all stock internals and here are the results.

The reason for the ugly chart is due to the boost controller. This is the furthest we have ever pushed the RSX with all stock internals so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
isnt that running kinda dangerous on stock internals?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aurilleous said:
isnt that running kinda dangerous on stock internals?

I would say so. But the customer is going to go stage II if and when it blows up. It will be interesting to see how long it will last.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
hopefully, when it "blows-up" it won't do any block damage.....

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
teamxrsx said:
hopefully, when it "blows-up" it won't do any block damage.....
:iamwiths:

But it's people like this guy who let all of us know what the true capabilities of our motors are. Who would've ever thought the stock bottom end could handle that much? If he's willing to shell out his cash and have some down time, let him pave the way.

:beerchug: to the K20 pioneers :thumbsup:

·
Bitch where's my Money!
844 Posts
nice numbers......

i myself have seen two stock bottom end b18c1 civics making 430whp....not all that reliable but they are doing it. i believe the record was over 500whp on a stock bottom end b18c1 but it didnt last long at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Impressive... :thumbsup:

Its fun testing capabilities..
Seems like you guys a throwing a bunch of fuel up top to TRY to keep her safe...

I say it could last a while, depending on HOW HARD its driven..

-Zee

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
So um thats the only diffrence between the stage 1 to stage 2? the new pistons and rods? or is there more?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sick...totally sick. I am also interested in seeing how long the Stage 1's will last in the long run. I plan on running this setup thats why but I also plan to keep my car for some time. Only time will tell.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Quick question...how much fuel has to be added on the safc to make a difference on the a/f read-out?? Around 6k i had a lean bump and added like 7-10% fuel on my high-throttle at 5400-6000, but it didnt really drop it down that much. I know every car is different, but everyone (other stage II) i talk to dont have their fuel set that high. Something else i noticed was the smoothness factor was set at 1. If it were set at 5 the curve would be a lot smoother, but you wouldnt read as much power.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
SecretAgent said:
kinda lean for a street car. i can bet it won't last long at all.
Lean? I don't know shit about turbo tuning, but that thing dips into the 10s and that is RICH as hell to me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
HighSpeed said:
Thats great, got to give credit to these guys that will take one for the team if need be.
:iamwiths: I am excited to see how long this thing is gonna last @ 14psi

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
BigDawg said:
Lean? I don't know shit about turbo tuning, but that thing dips into the 10s and that is RICH as hell to me.
There's one spot that comes close to 13:1. But from what I understand, it's the higher RPMs that mater most, and it seems to be nice and fat up there. Most of it's in the low 12's which is not super rich, but is the "sweet spot" for max power. He's not trying to be "safe", he's testing the limits.

I think we'll all be surprised how long this lasts. This cat has already been driving at 322whp for quite a few months now. And it's not like he just takes the car to the corner mart for a gallon of milk once a month. I hear stories of him racing all the time.

My personal prediction LOL: It lasts 2 months, he gets sick of waiting for his upgrade, so he brings it back and turns it up more. :eek: 400whp on stock internals??? Is it possible?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts