Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
turbo
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the comptech cat back but im getting a bodykit and the tip on comptech looks too stock, so i wanted to get an apexi n1 and have it welded on the comptech pipes, is this possible and where can i get the apexi tip???

·
umm... yo face
507 Posts
do you want to sell your comptech muffler? i saw an used Apexi Ni muffler on ebay like last week i dont know if its still there for like 50 bucks i think. well if you do want to sell it how much shipped to 76112?

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
bluestype said:
i have the comptech cat back but im getting a bodykit and the tip on comptech looks too stock, so i wanted to get an apexi n1 and have it welded on the comptech pipes, is this possible and where can i get the apexi tip???
Don't waste a perfectly good catback. Just get the Apex muffler w/ custom piping done, then sell your comptech and you'll get some cash in return. You can get that muffler EVERYWHERE. Your local exhaust shops, online shops, eBay especially.

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
Keith DC5 said:
Don't waste a perfectly good catback. Just get the Apex muffler w/ custom piping done, then sell your comptech and you'll get some cash in return. You can get that muffler EVERYWHERE. Your local exhaust shops, online shops, eBay especially.
Keith, you caught my attention with your advice. Seems to me like I can save alot of money here also. I wanted to get an exhaust and I was wondering if I were to get a name brand muffler and get a custom exhaust built, would it sound just as good as the real deal or would it sound more loud and raspy? Also, would it add any power gains if DCRH were to be added?

Some shop quoted me $250 for a custom built exhaust and installation included. They said I can choose any size diameter piping and any muffler size I wanted.

·
VW's are a pain
1,336 Posts
Just make sure you buy an actual apexi N1 muffler and not a look-alike. Look-alikes are like 50 bucks. Real ones are like 150 or 200, at least when i bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts