Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On a dif tire thread " the best drag tire for stock rims " we caught the attention of M+H. He is checking on some things with the factory and may be able to make a 8.5/24/16 slick.....IF we can sign up 50 buyers.

This is not engraved in stone, he is supposed to respond back tonight. :thumbsup:

I also got a response back from Hoosier on the A3S04 and R3S04's. They do not offer them in dif compounds...1 only. And they are not ideal for drag apps. BUT, he did state that they are coming out with a new line of DOT drag radials. He said they are making the first tires next week and after they pass DOT they are hitting the track for testing.

So either way it looks like we will have something soon.

I would prefer the slick but a good drag radial will do! :driving:

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The size above is identical width to what Mikey, xcell, and NSTLLMNGR are using. Except these are 1 inch dia and 1 inch rim size larger.

Come on, somemore!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Same diameter as stock? If so, I am a possibility(75%) given the time these are ready.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
I have been waiting for this day, I am in!!! If the slicks dont work out, a decent pair of drag radials would be great too :D .

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigDawg said:
Same diameter as stock? If so, I am a possibility(75%) given the time these are ready.
Actually they are a little smaller around than my azenis, the azenis are about 24 3/4 dia.

I left a little room for growth.

I posted some "see this thread threads" in the N/A, Boost, and my regional forums. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
depending on when they come out... I think im down... just need to know a date so i can save up.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think it would take very long, he stated that if it happens at all they have to use a 15" and rebead (not rebead but make with larger bead) as a 16". There wouldn't be any R&D involved the mold for the tire is already there, just change the bead.

It's not def yet but we're getting close.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is it just honda-tech.com

Once I get the word that he is 100% sure they can be made to spec I will.

·
Turbo RSX-S
112 Posts
I'm in!!!

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I at least have a price from him so far of what each slick would be.

He said no more than reg cost....$142.88 ea.

I'm supposed to get the rest of the details tonight.

If they do it the actuall size will be 8.3/24.5/16

8.3" tread width
9.5" sidewall width
24.5" outer diameter

These will fit perfect, my azenis 205/55/16 are 8.5" wide at the sidewall and the diameter is 24 7/8". So they are a little shorter and will only be a 1/2" fatter on each side at the sidewall. And of course the contact patch will grow from 7.5" up to 8.3".

·
Registered
811 Posts
maybe i`m not reading closely enough, but would these fit the stock rims?

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
eddie123 said:
I at least have a price from him so far of what each slick would be.

He said no more than reg cost....$142.88 ea.

I'm supposed to get the rest of the details tonight.

If they do it the actuall size will be 8.3/24.5/16

8.3" tread width
9.5" sidewall width
24.5" outer diameter

These will fit perfect, my azenis 205/55/16 are 8.5" wide at the sidewall and the diameter is 24 7/8". So they are a little shorter and will only be a 1/2" fatter on each side at the sidewall. And of course the contact patch will grow from 7.5" up to 8.3".
This is sounding better by the minute :D .

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
thatguywiththersx said:
maybe i`m not reading closely enough, but would these fit the stock rims?
YEah man that's the point of this thred get 50 people interested so we can have slicks to fit our stocks. :thumbsup: Im in

·
Registered
811 Posts
oic, damn. I dont have an cash right now but if they came out i would definitely pick up a set within the next 6mo-1yr

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The factory didn't call him back last night, he said he should know by Mon.

He fit that same width slick on a 5.5" rim last night and it looks good, so it will work even better on the 6.5. I was worried about putting the 8.3 on a 6.5 rim, because the rest of the guys with that size are running 8" rims. But it will work fine.

He has done something like this for some honda's and is currently working the same kind of deal for some VW guys. So it's looking good!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts