Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just picked up a 2002 EP3 hatch. Need to clean it up and start the modding. Plans are to keep it N/A. I have been reading on here alot and have decided on going with a Injen cai, rdx 440cc injectors, BC valve springs, BC stage 2 or 3 cams, kteller 2.5 piping kit with the resonator and muffler of my choice, and a dc 4-2-1 race header. All this tuned with K-Pro.

Here is a picture of my dirty car, going to wait till the temps come up a little to wash and wax.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my k-pro in. It is a version 2. Filled the car up with 93oct today and uploaded the high octane calibration. I will take it out for a spirited drive tomorrow to see how it feels.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats on the Kpro! I bet your EP is a whole lot peppier now. Not sure if you do, but be careful with high revs past 7200. A3's don't do to well in the high rpm's. Specifically the rods, pins, and shaft. Just from my experience with a few motors ;) but still enjoy your driving your Ep!! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the Kpro! I bet your EP is a whole lot peppier now. Not sure if you do, but be careful with high revs past 7200. A3's don't do to well in the high rpm's. Specifically the rods, pins, and shaft. Just from my experience with a few motors ;) but still enjoy your driving your Ep!! :)
Thanks! I recently picked up a set of wheels for the hatch they should be here sometime this week or beginning of next. I will just say they are enkei wheels and I would say they are pretty period specific for 2002 ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the wheels on the car today. They are Enkei RP02's 17x7 40mm offset, tires are 225/45/17 Continental contiprocontact. Needs to be lowered now. I really can't decide on what to lower it on. I am not slam and stance kind of guy just maybe an inch and a half and call it a day.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking good. I was dropped on Eibach Prokit for a good couple of months. 1 inch drop all around. Gives it a nice oem drop.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yo wheels look nice, but yeah a 1" drop or so is desired. I've been dd on Tein S techs lowered about 1.25" for 3 years. Only thing I'd really take over them is maybe A spec. But I'd have to be getting them 4 a steal of a deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the Tein s techs. Then I got a good deal on some Koni's for the rear BUT when I got home I went on koni's website and entered the model number 8041-1281SP and it lists basically every civic from 01-05 but not the EP3!! Did I just f up or will they fit??? I knew I should have checked before hand but was told from where I got them that they would work.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yyyyeeesss!! Another Tein brother! Sorry to hear about the Koni's though. Send em back and get the right ones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yyyyeeesss!! Another Tein brother! Sorry to hear about the Koni's though. Send em back and get the right ones.
I actually went around and checked on tirerack and a couple other shops on-line and the konis I got are the right part number :hb:

Got them in today. I want to get them on so bad but I am only off of work on sundays and my rear camber kit won't be here till Monday so I am going to have to wait another week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my rear camber kit for the hatch and a Injen cold air. I also found a good deal on a Comptech shorty header and megan downpipe should be here in a couple of days. Hoping for some nice weather this weekend so I can start installing some of this stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lowered the car yesterday didn't take to many pictures but these should do for now. I also got the cold air intake on there but you can't even see it so I didn't take any pics of it. I am going to take some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight after I wash my baby.

Before

After

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are a couple of pics from today. I will break out my real camera later but the cell pics should do for now. I really want to find some splash guards and type r rear wing. Then some tint and I will be done with the outside. I have been looking at the 11" front break upgrade from fastbrakes.com with the unbranded willwood calipers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts