Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my kpro'd ecu today into my 02 type-s and uploaded the stock calibration. i went through and changed things as i saw needed like enabled on-board data logging, disabled immobilizer because i bought the kpro used and need to get it matched at the stealership, and disable secondary 02 sensor because I have race header. my only mods are i/h/e and now kpro.

But long story short the fuel is cutting out on my when i reach certain rpm levels in different gears and I dont know why. I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how to datalog so i can get a custome tune from magnesium or someone, but i'm sure i can search and figure that out. My car is my DD so if anyone could tell me why my fuel is cutting out like that. It comes back when i let off the gas then get back on the gas pedal. But sometimes cuts right out again. It seems to do it more when the car is cold. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know.

Thank You,
Justin

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Currently the update is that i'm back on the stock ECU...Because the charging mechanism inside my toshiba laptop somehow got pushed inside the computer. So i took the back off and the plastic piece was broke so i tried to super glue it in place lol, idc about this laptop its like 6 years old, but now i actually need so i took it to a guy to get fixed but i may end up just buying a new pc laptop or net book or something and its sole purpose will be to run kmanager and that its it lol. but yeah when i have an actual update i will bump this thread because i'm sure i'll need more help in the future

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
It's cutting because lean protection is enabled. You'd have to either increase fuel in that specific area that it's cutting out or disable lean protection. The "stock" calibration in KManager, I found, is leaner than a true stock/stock ecu. Results do vary but the majority seem this way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's cutting because lean protection is enabled. You'd have to either increase fuel in that specific area that it's cutting out or disable lean protection. The "stock" calibration in KManager, I found, is leaner than a true stock/stock ecu. Results do vary but the majority seem this way.
oh ok yeah i was told lean protection was a good thing. When i can get my hands on a windows laptop i'll disable it and start datalogging so i can get a tune.

·
DC5
4,574 Posts
BUMP, any update? my car was doing this last night cutting off at 3k rpm, jerking the car, and would stop if i let off, then ill gas again and it will jerk the car again. info: k24, 600cc injectors , deatschwerks 265 fuel pump, e85 fuel untuned. please help

·
Registered
98 Posts
BUMP, any update? my car was doing this last night cutting off at 3k rpm, jerking the car, and would stop if i let off, then ill gas again and it will jerk the car again. info: k24, 600cc injectors , deatschwerks 265 fuel pump, e85 fuel untuned. please help
check your datalog at that exact spot where u hit lean cut u need to add fuel in that area to keep you from going lean

·
Registered
98 Posts
could u give a step by step explanation? i never messed with the kpro before. im a noob
Get into your car plug ur kpro into the laptop and start kmanager then put car in on position and kmanager should read the car press the red button or f10 to start data logging turn ur car on and drive around to the store or somewhere for a few minutes 10 min data logs could do then when done driving press the red button again and then click datalog and save as and give it a name after turn ur car off and load the datalog and ur kal with those open press the tables button an a graph should appear with numbers on the right press the drop down menu and select fuel low cam and press the lambda adjustment button it's should be in the same tool bar and the drop down box ...basically all u do is make sure edit all tables is off and adjust every cell that has a percentage once adjusted save it as something different and load up that kal to the car and rinse and repeat once the car is tuned more you shouldn't hit lean cut ... Make sure ur in open loop... After tuning like that for a few times download kautofuel and read stwatson post about kautotune and u will have perfect afrs for cruising

·
DC5
4,574 Posts
Get into your car plug ur kpro into the laptop and start kmanager then put car in on position and kmanager should read the car press the red button or f10 to start data logging turn ur car on and drive around to the store or somewhere for a few minutes 10 min data logs could do then when done driving press the red button again and then click datalog and save as and give it a name after turn ur car off and load the datalog and ur kal with those open press the tables button an a graph should appear with numbers on the right press the drop down menu and select fuel low cam and press the lambda adjustment button it's should be in the same tool bar and the drop down box ...basically all u do is make sure edit all tables is off and adjust every cell that has a percentage once adjusted save it as something different and load up that kal to the car and rinse and repeat once the car is tuned more you shouldn't hit lean cut ... Make sure ur in open loop... After tuning like that for a few times download kautofuel and read stwatson post about kautotune and u will have perfect afrs for cruising
that sounds hella complicated

1 - 20 of 29 Posts