Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I have owned about 25 different civic hatchbacks but this is my first EP. I have a few questions as all of mine before were quite a bit older.
The car I purchased is from the father of a son who passed away who was modifying the car. He didn't really know what he was doing and of course he had to have an aftermarket intake. The intake on it is a fairly nice AEM but it has no supporting mods. His dad said that shortly after the intake was installed, they check engine light came on. I checked, and the IAT sensor is installed. I will pull the code when I pick up the car on sunday, but I have a feeling is has a bad o2 sensor. My question is, could the o2 sensor going out have anything to do with the intake being put on, and should i rush to find a stock air box. I am using the car for a daily work car, and don't care what the engine bay looks like or what it sounds like. I just want to get rid of the CEL and I dont want to burn up another sensor right away. Let me know what you guys think. I am also looking for a stock rear bumper in taffeta white if anyone knows of any around???

·
Registered
671 Posts
Could just be it was time for that O2 sensor to go? I've never heard about an intake messing up the O2 sensor. How did he mess up the install on the intake, they're not that difficult for anyone to install I wouldn't think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has nothing to do with the intake because i have an AEM intake on my ep3 and have to replace the o2 sensor for my CEL to go away, atleast that is the code my mechanic pulled out for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts