Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I picked up a k20a2 to flip...but I’m keeping it now, it’s stock from oil pan to valve cover, here’s what I would like to know, with modern turbo technology I’m looking to make 400hp crank if not 400 wheel hp with quick spool, this will be going in a rwd car that’s approximately 3400 pounds with me in it (it came with a v8 stock and that’s all I’ll say till I update this thread with the engine swapped in pics n all) I got the flywheel, adapter plate and trans situation sorted (cd009 and cd009 clutch kit),
Looking to run 4:10 gears in the diff

My requirements: daily driver that will be tuned for cruising fuel efficiency but also power when I step on it

Would prefer spool to be sooner the better (3000rpm or a little earlier) so which turbo? Preferably dual ball bearing, also is it possible to set vtec engagement lower like say 3000-3700rpm?

Which engine management system can I use considering this will be in a non Honda vehicle? K pro model? (I come from the naturally aspirated v8 crowd so don’t mind the retardation when it comes to honda’s)

Injector set up I can figure out

Reason for wanting this engine in a soon to be former v8 car is the long rpm range for roll racing and digs at the runs, with the cost efficiency and ease of parts availability for the v8 chassis

What is the best flowing intake manifold (aftermarket) for my application?

Would prefer 91 octane and be able to switch to 93 on the fly somehow if that can be done

Will be running a water to air intercooler and meth injection(if needed)

Also on the stock valve train what is the highest yet safest I can rev it to factoring in my power and octane goal,

I may pick up a z3 head that has supertech valvetrain if that means it’ll bolt to the a2 block and rev it higher

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you point me in the direction of someone who is familiar with the Keihin 3BL K3? We took the carb off last night and found out the main butterfly under the Venturi was seized and we got it loose then discovered it was operated through the vacuum and a diaphragm rather than throttle linkage however the throttle linkage does pull it back to the closed position.
The problem I’m now having is it doesn’t want to idle without one of us choking the main butterfly a bit Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
I need an old Honda guy’s advice badly!!!!
Edit: Would appreciate any help from anyone at the moment, please send me a direct message!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts