Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thermal R&D is finishing the final stages of development on their newest product. A true single 3inch mandrel bent polished stainless steel cat-back system designed with super/turbochargers in mind. Initial design was going to have from cat back (3inch then switch to dual 2inch to the resonator then 3inch axle back) to 3inch muffler with 4inch tip. The design is still the same with the dual 2inch being replaced by single 3inch piping. They discovered that the ground clearance was adequate enough even with a lowered RSX Type S (Eibach Pro-Kit). So, basically anyone looking for a quality system running FI and want the full potential out of it. Then, you might want to check them out. www.thermalrd.com The system is not on the website but you can use the N/A systems for reference. Talking with Thermal reps the price came down to about $695 instead of $800-900 as previosly thought. No pictures of the system on the car but I can put some up next week when I pick it up. A silencer will be included that can be installed and removed easily. Thermal reps say the car is loud at throttle but hardly noticeable at idle. Mind you this on a JRSC Race Version RSX. That's about all I have to say. I will keep everyone informed when I get more information.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
tight!

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
too bad i just went 80mm w/ 80mm test pipe and 80mm APEXi N1 turbo in black. :-(

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
That thing must be really loud......Went in my friends turbo integra with a 3 inch thermal - had to yell to say something to him over the rumbling of the exhaust

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
Thanks for the update, Sonny. I hope that this system will get you the numbers you want. Heck, now that we lost Scott we can't lose you, too!! :)

PS: Since it'll be a bit until I get my JRSC I decided to go with the Fujitsubo PG for now. Gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
looks nice :thumbsup:

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: The jig's are completed. The muffler and resonator are being manufactured. The piping should be done by next Tuesday and the complete system should be done by Thursday. I am hoping to pick up my car on Thursday and drive back to San Diego. That will be a good test to see if it resonates or droans out the cabin of the car. I can't wait to drive it now! I am fiending for speed and that oh-so sweet sound of the JRSC doing it's thing!

·
Registered
278 Posts
how much does a turbo back exhuast help our cars ... as much as the wrx?? or just a little more ...

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would probably say it will help as much or more than the WRX. Not sure. I will let you know when I get it back.

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I pick up my car today. Chuck at Thermal R&D says the system looks really good on the Type S. They say the sound is sweet. I will let all you know sometime later tonight, since I will stuck in LA traffic on the return trip. Maybe I will see someone on the 5 later this afternoon. I will rev it up for you and let you hear it!

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
sweet....let us know.....

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
well sonny got the car down here today and i got to drive it. and let me tell you that this car does nto sound loud AT ALL it is so nice sounding. And the low end torque is great. after flying around the block about 5 times. we took it to the track. i ran it 4 times. after getting used to the the power of a SC car not a NA i was able to launch. which was still sucky considering iw as on toyo proixes that do not hold for shit on a SC car. here is my best time slip. i can not post the pic cause i do not have a digital camera. also i want to note that i am not the best driver in the world. and a 1/8 does not do a SC car that much justice.
reaction .640
60ft 2.388
mph 80.78
et 9.329
and i won all of my races tonight. well if you have any question ask sonny or myself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
9.3 1/8th is a mid-14 second 1/4 mile usually, though 80mph would usually be faster than 9.3...

just need practice launching, and need a longer track for the SC to really shine.

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
yeah i agree such high mph but mid times. i do not drive the SC on a daily basis so i was launching at 2g and shifting out at 8 when i could shift at 8200 + since he has the race version. but i will practice more and see what i can get hopefuly into the 8.9 if he can get better tires and traction

1 - 20 of 58 Posts