Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

501 - 520 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I still buy CDs too. They go straight onto an iPod, but I like having that physical backup. Still buy DVDs for home, too. Not a fan of having an online collection of media, or movies not always being available on the streaming services when I want to watch certain ones - especially since I like a lot of '80s and '90s films that aren't available to begin with.

I'm with you on the auto preference though. Manual just doesn't make sense to me in a daily. If I took the car to track days to really beat on it, sure, but the sequential shift is good enough for mountain cruising. I'm going to try to keep mine when I eventually build a mild turbo motor.

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
I still buy CDs too. They go straight onto an iPod, but I like having that physical backup. Still buy DVDs for home, too. Not a fan of having an online collection of media, or movies not always being available on the streaming services when I want to watch certain ones - especially since I like a lot of '80s and '90s films that aren't available to begin with.

I'm with you on the auto preference though. Manual just doesn't make sense to me in a daily. If I took the car to track days to really beat on it, sure, but the sequential shift is good enough for mountain cruising. I'm going to try to keep mine when I eventually build a mild turbo motor.
Let's play a game! Guess his age!?!?!?!

I'm going with 40

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
I used to buy CD's, but I got tired of backing them up into my computers/hard drives. I said fuck it, and just started buying digital copies. For the most part, if they are albums that I love, I just downloaded them into my phone. If they are meh, I just stream them when I want to hear them. The last time I bought a CD.... 2013??? Since then, I've just been downloading/streaming

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
30. Apparently stubborn and old at heart.

Just watched Grumpier Old Men last night. Love those movies, lol. Nothing like a 95 year old man trying to pick up an Italian woman with the line, "how about we go back to my place and I show you my man-sized manicotti?"

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
30. Apparently stubborn and old at heart.

Just watched Grumpier Old Men last night. Love those movies, lol. Nothing like a 95 year old man trying to pick up an Italian woman with the line, "how about we go back to my place and I show you my man-sized manicotti?"
Meh, you’re two years younger than I :feel:

·
WILDCARD!
1,152 Posts

I also still buy the occasional CD for the artists that I really love because I want a case and the album artwork and notes to look at, but I can't remember the last time I actually kept CD in a binder or rear view mirror clip in my car or put a CD in my CD player.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
^ But adamantly refusing my millennial status.

What camera is that, btw? I'm looking for a tiny one for... other purposes :shady:

Video quality looks really good from here.
Yeah the quality is real good pic doesnt do justice

Camera is an autovox 170 degree rearview i believe, 700 tvl quality

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Lol all my CDs are burned blank disc from back in like 98’and for some reason my laptop won’t read a single one of them... or I too would have them on my phone. Don’t know why it won’t read , my box one reads them fine. Yes i understand I’m the only one that has cds. But man it just takes you back to good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
^ But adamantly refusing my millennial status.
X2. I think it’s bullshit that us late 80’s babies have been thrown into that generation. My brother was born in 1990 and fits right in as millennial. Regardless to say, we’re not close

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #518

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Damn I love that EG hatch if I could get all my money back and start a build over it would be that. Had a couple of them but never did anything except return to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 543 Posts