Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated wheels & photos on 3rd post!

Ok, so car is dirty... didn't have the chance to clean up the wheels (some finger smudges) or the car so I'm just going to post of few pictures of mainly the wheels. I went ahead against what I've said before and put Rota's on my car, which I said in the past I'd never do. However, I was interested more in the new setup rather than the wheel itself although that looks good as well in my opinion. Launching feels even greater on 8.5" wheels and 245's, kicks me in my ass.

Specs: Rota Slip Streams 5x100 17x8.5 +48 w/ Kuhmo 245/40's (as far as tires, I'm eventually going with 255 Falken Azenzi RT615's or Nitto NT-01's soon. I got the Kuhmo's because they were available when I needed them, came with the wheels.) I wish the offset was a bit more aggressive like the PF45 offer's +30 but for tracking the slips are great regardless. I plan on possibly going with some gold or gunmetal Advan RS 17x9-9.5 in the future, I may be painting the car white so we'll see.

Sorry about the not so great pictures as well, but eh it was real early in the morning and I figured I'd take some quick shots. Will get more after I clean the car up.

I need a drop in a bad way, I'm working on that currently and will be lowered sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot. :D

I recently took the exhaust off and ran open down pipe when going to the track and planned to go again today but it ended up raining so that didn't work out to good. I'm going to try and make it to the track on friday now. I usually run a HKS Hi-Power 3", which I plan to either have a manual cut out welded on before re-installing or trade a friend for his Carbon-Ti that already has a cut out and block off plate since they sound the same anyhow. This way when I go to the track especially after I finish putting together my turbo upgrade I can just take the block off plate off and throw it back on when leaving the track or after getting back which is obviously easier and less time consuming. Plus, I can be tuned on open cut-out as well as with the block off plate on. :)

Went with new wheels temporary, 17x8 Rota Boost on Toyo Proxes. I didn't clean the car before I took these photos, I was just in the mood to take some pictures. I decided on some Gramlight 57P's eventually or possibly instead of the gramlights, going with some ce28n's. Whichever I go with, I'm looking to go 17x9-9.5. Even if I were to get rid of the car and get like an s2k or something (;)), those wheels will be on my list to consider.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone

The car still has a long way to go, what bothers me the most in these picture's aside needing to be slammed is the wing (and wishing the car was aspen white). At first, I thought I liked the WRX trunk/wing better than the STi one and I do in a way because I was never all that into bigger spoilers, but I can't wait to just go wingless all together. After I go wingless which I'll probably end up buying a Seibon CF trunk, I'm going to buy the limited decklid/lip spoiler which looks just like what comes on 05-06 Type-S'.

I'm in the process of putting together my turbo upgrade, while I'm at it I will be doing some changes on the outside as well it will just take a bit longer. Once I go FMIC, I will either get a OEM RS hood from an RS the same color or buy a Seibon RS OEM style CF hood, meaning no more hood scoop! So, basically no hood scoop and no wing I'm also deleting the badge on the front grille soon and just leaving the "STi" logo which is the only one on the car right now anyhow.

shattered memory: I know what you mean bro, I don't like them anymore than you haha. I needed something and they were available with the wheel so I said whatever. It would of took longer to have RT-615's or NT-01's get here.

Here's a picture of my car with powder coated BBS':

I loved the way they look on my car as well, however that 2nd picture was also taking with a Canon Rebel so I don't even compare the two by pictures yet. After I clean up the STi and lower it, I'll have a nice photo shoot done with the new setup with either a Nikon or Rebel and post it up. I gained a inch from 7.5" BBS' to 8.5" with the Rota's. Launching before was great, but with a wider tire the car seriously kicks me in my ass out of the hole. I was consistently hitting 1.7 60' at the track, I'm more than confident of 1.6's without a problem now. I have to wait and see how it looks after drop and cleaned up, I may paint the lip black we'll see.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I knew you were going to say that, just let me get some nice pictures of the new setup and you may change your mind a bit. I like aggressive wheels, I needed something wider for now so I went with the Rota's. A friend has my BBS' so it's no big deal. After I put the wider wheels on it also made the car look more monsterous, so once it's lowered it will look 10x better.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
so you finally found the dark side lol, looks good tho ...after i get the lsd in ill have to hit up cecil one night while your up there

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
Meh, rota's on an sti? bleh...

It's ok, I still <3 you though. At least your somewhat of "right wheel drive".

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh and its the dark + spoke pattern of the BBS's that i like better, also the Red im just not feelin on ur car i guess if it was white like you talked about then that might be a different story...

·
&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12464;&#12521; DC5
1,447 Posts
enkie rpf1 would look sick with this car but it stills looks good
+rep

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bump for updated wheels and pictures, the car also now has WRX skirts on it but these pictures were taken before I put them on...

new pictures on post #3, sorry I didn't clean it up before the pictures, I was just bored... what can I say? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts