Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the NZDM DC5 automatic Type S (05-06) use the same ECU as the American RSX type S (which only comes in manual), or the same ECU as the American base model RSX (which comes in manual and auto).

I also don’t know if the New Zealand type s is a k20a2 or k20a3

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's a different ECU than the USDM Type S for sure. The USDM Type S ECU's part number starts with "PRB" while the USDM Base ECU's start with "PND". Check your part number on the ECU.

I think it's safe to assume that the NZ Type S has an A3 considering the Australian Type R had a k20a2 and the NZ model was the same as the Australian. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I’ve actually just found Japanese import type s which is apparently just the same as the base model usdm RSX and this way I think it’ll be easier to find the ECU I need but yes I will check the model numbers thanks for helping

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Be advised, the JDM Type S has a 3 lobe intake cam while the USDM base has a 2 lobe intake. I'm not sure how the motor will run with an A3 basemap, or if it will even run at all. The Ktuner software comes with a JDM K20A basemap, but I'm fairly certain it's for the Type R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts