Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get hondata reflash for base auto, but i have some questions. will the upgraded ECU cause a check engine light or a gauge light to turn on all the time? will the ECU reset back to stock if i unplug the battery? will the dealer know about the reflash if i take it in for warranty service? thanks!

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
03DSM-RSX said:
i want to get hondata reflash for base auto, but i have some questions. will the upgraded ECU cause a check engine light or a gauge light to turn on all the time? will the ECU reset back to stock if i unplug the battery? will the dealer know about the reflash if i take it in for warranty service? thanks!
The upgraded ECU will NOT cause a check engine light.

The ECU will NOT reset to stock if you unplug the battery. If you ever wanted the ECU to be returned to stock, you need to send it back to Hondata which will reload the stock setting for a nominal fee.

The dealer will most likely NOT know UNLESS you come across an unusually sharp-eyed service technicians who knows all the values by heart, or takes the car for a spirited run, or actually compares a special checksum number inside the ECU to what the stock value for your particular car should be.

·
thats what she said.
14,915 Posts
Does a hondata install do anything to the warranty on a new RSX/S?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
TwoFingerSneak said:
Does a hondata install do anything to the warranty on a new RSX/S?
When I talk to the warranty customer service, she said yes and at the same time no, heres what they told me " Any aftermarket modifications to your car, will void the warranty, if that modification contributes or cause the malfunction of your vehichle."

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
When I talk to the warranty customer service, she said yes and at the same time no, heres what they told me " Any aftermarket modifications to your car, will void the warranty, if that modification contributes or cause the malfunction of your vehichle."
That question has been debated endlessly. Your statement above summarizes things very well. Me, I have a very jaded view about warranty work. Basically, I expect nothing and hope that nothing major ever goes wrong.

Vendors will usually fix the normal assortments of minor things that go wrong with a car in its first two or three years. After that it's a constant struggle to prove whose fault it is. Oh, that's normal wear and tear. Oh, we cover the cost of the part but not the labor. Oh, see subsection 13a of paragraph 29.3.iii specifically precludes that. No, that crack was already there when you brought it in. What? You used regular gas? Sorry, that probably caused your engine to blow up.

All of that said, if you run into major problems with the car, and you changed something as vital as the settings of the computer that controls fuel and ignition and lets you rev higher than the factory wants you to, a dealership may well balk. I don't know how it works internally. I know it is Honda/Acura that pays for the work, but my guess is that the dealership has to justify work done under warranty to Honda, just as you have to justify why it should be covered to them.

·
thats what she said.
14,915 Posts
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
03DSM-RSX said:
Curriosity also comes with what Mods everyone has done with the ECU flash and how do they like them? I was considering the TODA Racing kit with their ECU flash, but I am concerned on how is will work vs. Hondatas? :thumbsup:

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
I have a quick question for you guys or Hondata, whoever can give me an answer: Is the base map on the K-pro for the 440 or 550 injectors? It wouldn't make sense if the k-pro base map for JRSC came with 440 maps for 5-7 PSI when they send you 550 injectors. Unless for some reason it doesn't matter what size the injectors are because the ecu still tells it how much fuel to put out. I know they have a base map for 550 injectors, but it is for 9 PSI. Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Just curious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts