Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

A couple weeks back I purchased a Milano Red '02 RSX Premium with 360k km (224 miles) for $850. I know the mileage is pretty high up there, but the body didn't have too much rust and was pretty much unmodded!

I basically want to do an overhaul of the car over the next couple of years, in addition to enhancing performance and painting the car black.

Body rust locations I've found so far:
Rear Quarter Panels (L & R) - Minor
Moonroof Frame - Minor
Passenger Door Frame - Minor

I also got a used K20Z1 engine with 270k km from an '06, which I would like to end up swapping in for the K20A3. But before I do so I want to rebuild the engine: pistons, crankshaft, valves, etc (will take some time financially).

The first thing I did when I got the vehicle was change the brakes and flush the brake fluid. Surprisingly, the existing fluid was pretty much clear. However, I did find that my front right caliper piston was sticking and I could not for the life of me push back the piston. I ended up having to put the old pads back on the calipers. I know that's really bad, but instead of replacing it right now I want to save up to replace all of the calipers at once with shiny new red ones :).

Any thoughts on what I should do next?

P.S. thank you to all the existing members, your posts helped me determine if I should get an Integra GSR or an RSX!

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
Hi, everyone!

A couple weeks back I purchased a Milano Red '02 RSX Premium with 360k km (224 miles) for $850. I know the mileage is pretty high up there, but the body didn't have too much rust and was pretty much unmodded!

I basically want to do an overhaul of the car over the next couple of years, in addition to enhancing performance and painting the car black.

Body rust locations I've found so far:
Rear Quarter Panels (L & R) - Minor
Moonroof Frame - Minor
Passenger Door Frame - Minor

I also got a used K20Z1 engine with 270k km from an '06, which I would like to end up swapping in for the K20A3. But before I do so I want to rebuild the engine: pistons, crankshaft, valves, etc (will take some time financially).

The first thing I did when I got the vehicle was change the brakes and flush the brake fluid. Surprisingly, the existing fluid was pretty much clear. However, I did find that my front right caliper piston was sticking and I could not for the life of me push back the piston. I ended up having to put the old pads back on the calipers. I know that's really bad, but instead of replacing it right now I want to save up to replace all of the calipers at once with shiny new red ones :).

Any thoughts on what I should do next?

P.S. thank you to all the existing members, your posts helped me determine if I should get an Integra GSR or an RSX!
hi and welcome to the forum.

yeah that moonroof will overtime leak bad so you should look into getting that done and the door frame too.

swap the motor in first and make sure everything works before you do the rebuild, but before that find out if anything else on the car needs to be address.

anyway for motor swap info, we have a huge section and tons of info if you need help. you should start there and ask questions if you get confused

i would make sure everything is in working order, maintenance wise and then you can start your modding adventures haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts