Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm picking up my Type-S this Saturday at the dealer. I have 2 questions:
1. How do I avoid getting the car delivered to me with swirl marks on it?
2. When should I start to wash and/or wax the car after accepting delivery?

(I know you all have very strong opinions regarding the type of waxes to use also).

Thank you for you adv.

Regards,

· Premium Member
7,792 Posts
1. Tell the dealer not to touch it. Don't let them wash it, don't let them wax it. They use those big scrub mops that just rape your paint.

2. You can wash and wax right away. Use a squeak test or a bead test to see if the deal waxed it. If he did, you may wanna wash with a detergent to remove the crap he put on before applying your own choice of wax.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frosty!
1. Should I use a clay bar?
2. Is there any special soap to use if no wax was put on by the dealer?
3. Since the car is black am I better off using a carnuba wax like S100 or Pinnacle Souveron instead of a polymer like Klasse or Zainos so if there are any swirlmarks they are not pronounced?

Regards,

· Premium Member
7,792 Posts
xlch said:
Thanks Frosty!
1. Should I use a clay bar?
2. Is there any special soap to use if no wax was put on by the dealer?
3. Since the car is black am I better off using a carnuba wax like S100 or Pinnacle Souveron instead of a polymer like Klasse or Zainos so if there are any swirlmarks they are not pronounced?

Regards,
1 - Yes, there's shipping dust on the car that only a claybar really cleans.
2 - Nope, any car wash is good
3 - Your choice. Polymers won't give you as rich a shine but will last longer. Carnaubas give you a deep rich shine but fade quickly. If you want the best of both, putting down a layer of Zaino and topping with P21S is the pimpest combo. The Zaino underneath will give you long term protection while the P21S (S100) gives you a deep shine.

· Registered
64 Posts
xlch said:
am I better off using a carnuba wax like S100 or Pinnacle Souveron instead of a polymer like Klasse or Zainos
Wow, you've got Pinnacle handy? That's some expensive stuff from what I've seen. Personally, I would go with the S100 or Pinnacle if you can. You get such a deep and rich shine, it just blinds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.