Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Dc5 for 3 years now & just now trying to make her fast. I current have an Injen Cold Air Intake & upgrade my tires to BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 for extra grip. I do have a K tuned Catback Exhaust arriving next week. What mods do you guys recommend for me to achieve the RSX in the 13's???

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've had my Dc5 for 3 years now & just now trying to make her fast. I current have an Injen Cold Air Intake & upgrade my tires to BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 for extra grip. I do have a K tuned Catback Exhaust arriving next week. What mods do you guys recommend for me to achieve the RSX in the 13's???
Lmao, do you have at least $5-7k to spend on mods?

Reactions: J_perezDc5

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lmao, do you have at least $5-7k to spend on mods?
If that's what it takes, I know it's about the same cost to Turbo the car but isn't reliable. I rather have a 100% running vehicle that having all the issues that Turbo brings.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If that's what it takes, I know it's about the same cost to Turbo the car but isn't reliable. I rather have a 100% running vehicle that having all the issues that Turbo brings.
I would recommend taking your car to a local performance shop and have them build you a N/A K24 with a K20A2 head. If you want something built right, take it to someone reputable. Reliability and HP costs serious money and its always best to pay up for it first rather than cheaping out and spending more money down the road when things break.

That being said, your first step should be to get Kpro. If you can't program your ECU, your car won't run right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would recommend taking your car to a local performance shop and have them build you a N/A K24 with a K20A2 head. If you want something built right, take it to someone reputable. Reliability and HP costs serious money and its always best to pay up for it first rather than cheaping out and spending more money down the road when things break.
That being said, your first step should be to get Kpro. If you can't program your ECU, your car won't run right.
Understandable! Yes I will be buying KPro to have it professional installed...I currently have Injen Cold Air intake, K tuned catback Exhaust arriving on Thursday. Invidia race header & hasport Motor mounts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Understandable! Yes I will be buying KPro to have it professional installed...I currently have Injen Cold Air intake, K tuned catback Exhaust arriving on Thursday. Invidia race header & hasport Motor mounts.
Those bolt ons are good, but they aren't going to get you anywhere near the low 13s. Get the bolts-on installed, see how you like it. They'll work fine on a stock tune. After that, get Kpro and get a tune to get the most out of the CAI and Ktuned/Invidia exhaust. After that, take it to a performance shop and tell them what you want.

·
WILDCARD!
1,461 Posts
Where'd you get that Invidia header? If there's somebody out there with stock I needs to know!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where'd you get that Invidia header? If there's somebody out there with stock I needs to know!!!
Better get all your exhaust performance parts now, even if they are overpriced on eBay. That new law the EPA passed might make it so manufactures won't product/sell in the US anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those bolt ons are good, but they aren't going to get you anywhere near the low 13s. Get the bolts-on installed, see how you like it. They'll work fine on a stock tune. After that, get Kpro and get a tune to get the most out of the CAI and Ktuned/Invidia exhaust. After that, take it to a performance shop and tell them what you want.
Yes sr that is a solid game plan! I’ll be getting Race headers before I get a tune with Kpro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven’t been able to locate the Invidia header, to my understanding it’s discontinued. I’ll be going with Toda racing headers. It’s similar setup but a lot better quality

·
WILDCARD!
1,461 Posts
I haven’t been able to locate the Invidia header, to my understanding it’s discontinued. I’ll be going with Toda racing headers. It’s similar setup but a lot better quality
Haha, yeah, that's why I asked. It's discontinued. I was hoping maybe you had a line on someone that has a supply of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, yeah, that's why I asked. It's discontinued. I was hoping maybe you had a line on someone that has a supply of them.
I found a site that had then purchased them & got an email later that day they weren’t in stock FML lol!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
You are going to have to build the head up and make around 240-250 hp on a k24 block and k20a2 with while interior to do that not going to cut it with bolt ons sorry buddy. Good luck. They money it will take you to do that could have been a lot less on a well tuned turbo setup that could be reliable if you know what you were doing. Let's be honest and real here for a second come on guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts