Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I practiced detailing on my friends NHBP hood the other day. I have a PC 7424xp and I was using Meguiars Medium cut compound, fine cut compound, and swirl remover 2.0.

After I detailed one section of the hood it looked flawless. I was very happy. After I detailed the second section of the hood the compound dust got on the clean part of the hood. When I tried to blow off the dust it didn't go anywhere. I used my sheepskin wool mitt to wipe it off but the microabrasives in the dust ended up scratching the clean part of the hood...

How do you guys deal with this situation and how can I avoid it next time?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
if your using medium and fine compound you really dont need to use a swirl remover..you want to use the least aggressive method possible to remove what ever defects are present..using those 3 products shouldnt be necessary every time you detail youre car

as far as when to wash etc., some people will do a rinse after each step, so after 1st step compound, after 2nd step compound and so on and so forth..personally i wash/rinse after ive completed all paint correction and before i do final step glaze/sealant and wax

as far as assessing which products to use when and the order of steps etc..i found this flow chart helpful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts