Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up CRSX. I just switched out my stock shift knob from my 06 Type S and opted for USDM aluminum knob and shift boot adapter. Instructions seemed fairly simple but boot seems to sit kind of low. Can anyone verify if I did it right?
-Tony

After
Before

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I followed a video of a guy installing same setup without instructions and he installed it differently than instructions but it does hide the shifter and nut. I switched mine but not sure I like the way the boot looks now :unsure:

·
Premium Member
145,086,275 Posts
you can do what I did with mine and put a zip tie under the collar that way it'll stay in place

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
608 Posts
i just realize that i had that piece when i had my tan interior and didn't transfer it over when i swap interior. but it did hand low like your first picture.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for input guys. I’m still unsure which I like best. I’ll most likely leave as is and switch it up later if anything.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
604 Posts
I have the same setup. Just a heads up, that cool looking aluminum shift knob isn’t so cool to the touch after parked in the sun. I felt like the thief Harry in the Home Alone movie reaching for the red hot doorknob. That sucker gets pretty hot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol. Yeah I already got to experience the burn as it’s quite hot in California this time of the year

·
Been Around for a while
1,051 Posts
Go with the TSX or similar, that is what I have been running for a while. A long time back I had the all alum in So Cal, it was quickly removed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go with the TSX or similar, that is what I have been running for a while. A long time back I had the all alum in So Cal, it was quickly removed
I like the feel/weight behind the aluminum knob compared to the stock plastic knob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts