Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the part number is for NGK spark plugs to use with the JRSC Street Version. I read the thread for the Jackson Racing stuff but no final part number was give. Can anyone help? Also what should the gap be?

Thanks

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
although i have a GReddy turboed RSX, i used the NGK spark plug part#2668 which is NGK Iridium IX#BKR8EIX. This plug is the same heat range of the Denso iridium IK24.

·
2,524 Posts
well...look at it this way.....Forced induction is forced induction. That plug will not hurt your car...but i recommend you find out from the guys with a JRSC and see exactly what they are running, some plugs work better at certain things than others. If you go with the correct heat range , at least one step colder..and get a plug that is correct fitment for the K20A2 you will be ok. Gap is another thing all together and is very imposrtant....us turbo guys have to have a smaller gap than you guys.

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a thread on spark plugs under the Jackson Racing noob instructions. But they are not very specific and mention that gap is also important. Anyone have an actual JRSC than has changed to NGK and if so what worked. I know the stock one wont so I need something right away.

·
6,734 Posts
Alright, I have the plug in front of me. It has NGK R on one side and BCPR7E-11 on the other side. The base of the plug has Made in Japan and BCPR7E. The were special order plugs from a local shop. About 7 bucks each.

·
2,524 Posts
Those are V-Powers i believe. The V-power has an R on them.

BTW, platinum plugs to not work good with FI. Copper plugs are ok, but iridium, arguably, is the best to run.

wdsonny: what caused you to have to gap that small?? i am at .031 with these new plugs, but i have a turbo.
I was at .027 with the denso iridium IK24's.

·
6,734 Posts
Right now the plugs are gapped to 0.037 instead of 0.044 as recommended. I am getting some slight detonation, so, I either need colder plugs or gap them lower to 0.030 instead.

·
6,734 Posts
The plugs I have are not consistent with V-Power numbering. The center electrode has a V groove in it. I don't know what to tell you. A local shop got the plugs for me and I don't know where. They did not even have a box.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
team what should i gap my ik24s to

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does anyone have an actual NGK part number to use and an actual gap to set? Preferably someone with a JRSC street version.

·
6,734 Posts
Stock plug gap for the IK24's are 0.044. I would gap them to about 0.030 or 0.035. It will dependent on whether or not you hear detonation. If you hear detonation, I would gap them smaller. All personal choice. I believe Hondata is still running the stock plugs in his car. Might want to ask him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts