Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So even though I don't have a bike, I'd probably get the 250 as my starter if/when I get a bike (maybe come this summer when I move back). I used to ride my trial bike, which is now garaged, so I have some experience. I got it when I was in 7th grade and I am now 19 years old. Anyhow, if I got a used 250, is it even worth modifying or would you guys just stay stock until you upgraded? I'm browsing through some 250 forums and a lot of these guys have upgraded suspension, lights, some with some fresh graphics (maybe their bikes were repainted though), etc. Input? I'm not in a hurry to upgrade either way.. I don't think I'd get that bored of a 250 (minus the cool factor of the common 600's.. :drool:)

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because of the exhaust tone and looks?

edit: how much are exhausts for bikes? the ninja would only come out to 2k~, cant imagine spending hundreds for the exhaust

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ninja 500R? :D its a sweet ride haha. im a skinny build though, im sure the 250 is enough to move me. i'm 5'9" and about 135. 140 maybe 145 should be easy if i wasn't so damn lazy to get to the gym and on a regular eating/sleeping schedule. (but thats nearly impossible living w/out the parents at my age lawl)

·
fix-a-flat
1,079 Posts
get the bike first, then see if you're interested in keeping it for a long enough time.

A 250 is enough to move almost anybody, but almost everyone get's hit with the bug for more displacement when they start that small.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm swapping out the suspension on mine for a 500Rs, and i got pirelli speed demons. that's about all i'm going to do i think.
you have the flush sideblinkers yet? seen a few bikes and taking off the back fender is pretty sweet too, kindof looks ugly with it on there.. but you lose your rear blinkers and a plate holder. (although you can boltup the plate holder and wire blinkers into the sides of the taillights.. which is what they usually do) bike looks pretty sweet once thats done.

seems like all the 250 guys are obsessed with those speed demons.. are they that sticky? :laughing:

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get the bike first, then see if you're interested in keeping it for a long enough time.

A 250 is enough to move almost anybody, but almost everyone get's hit with the bug for more displacement when they start that small.
yeah true, im still not even sure if im going to get the bike or not. i think my parents would probably kill me before the bike does.

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
you have the flush sideblinkers yet? seen a few bikes and taking off the back fender is pretty sweet too, kindof looks ugly with it on there.. but you lose your rear blinkers and a plate holder. (although you can boltup the plate holder and wire blinkers into the sides of the taillights.. which is what they usually do) bike looks pretty sweet once thats done.

seems like all the 250 guys are obsessed with those speed demons.. are they that sticky? :laughing:
world of difference between stockies and the pirellis.

i don't have front turn signals. :shrug: i have no front fairing so i don't have mirrors either. I did do the fender eliminator and have the turn signals integrated into the brake lights.

My ninja is pretty naked right now. All I have is the tank and the tail section.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got any pics of your bike posted up? have you been on any other 'starter' bikes or any super sports? im interested in your opinion. whats your build (height/weight) and riding experience?

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
got any pics of your bike posted up? have you been on any other 'starter' bikes or any super sports? im interested in your opinion. whats your build (height/weight) and riding experience?
yeah i'll post up once i get home. leaving the office now.

here is my bike when i got it:

and here is before i took the lower fairing off and put the pirelli's on:

Attachments

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
cool, except its 6:48am here, haven't slept yet.. lol skipping out on work today :) (and yesterday.. woot) got my deadlines done on thursday and im homefree till monday till im up for traveling ..

(dont mind the socal in my location, im in shanghai)

edit: any reason you took off the lower fairing? I kindof like it more with it on. Sigh I really want a bike.

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
cool, except its 6:48am here, haven't slept yet.. lol skipping out on work today :) (and yesterday.. woot) got my deadlines done on thursday and im homefree till monday till im up for traveling ..

(dont mind the socal in my location, im in shanghai)

edit: any reason you took off the lower fairing? I kindof like it more with it on. Sigh I really want a bike.
i took it off to do an oil change and i'm going to paint it white.

the sides i painted white too.

the red looks alright, but i think i'm gonna repaint the tail white.

and then one of these days i'll have the balls to take off the tank haha.

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh sweet. meh i want to opt for the 250 or the 500, whichever i can find a better deal on. would you guys recommend sticking to 2000+? i dont know the differences between the years.. and not too many differences between the 250/500. obviously the displacement, a few looks and the 500's suspension setup?

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
oh sweet. meh i want to opt for the 250 or the 500, whichever i can find a better deal on. would you guys recommend sticking to 2000+? i dont know the differences between the years.. and not too many differences between the 250/500. obviously the displacement, a few looks and the 500's suspension setup?
there are like...NO Differences from 1990 onward LOL. Seriously.

2k is a pretty good spending budget on a bike.

A lot of people actually go down one tooth in the front sprocket to make it more tq'y off the line. It definitely surprises unexperienced riders on 600 ss's.

Other than that, keep the 250 as is, then if you want to keep it longer, mod it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts