Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Scotsman Racer
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RSX (Base 5spd) since September of 2001 and I'm kind of getting the itch to look into a new car. I've done some online looking, but I would like to get some opinions on the Nissan Altima Coupe. So, what do you think of this car? I'm not particularily rich but the 2.5S manual for the Nissan is in my price range.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
whats wrong with your current car? if its paid off and nothing is wrong with it just save your money and buy something much nicer down the road

·
The Scotsman Racer
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing is wrong with my current car, just considering my options, and looking for opinions. I also have too much free time at work and new car web sites are shiny.

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
I wouldnt recommend a new Altima coupe. My buddy has one in a same 2.5S trim. Very dissapointing car with huge exterior but small interior, especially the trunk. He got sick of it after owning it for only few months and is current looking at something else. Keep the current car or check out the Accord coupe.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i drove both the altima coupe and accord coupe (4-cylinders) and I must say I liked the Accord much better in every aspect. The exterior, interior, room, engine, etc.

·
Australian Senior Member
1,181 Posts
Accord Coupe for the win... when I was in the states I turned my head every time I saw one.. I did the same for the Altima coupe but it was mainly to say "wtf."

·
The Scotsman Racer
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I guess, general consensus is that it's not as good as it could be, and the accord is better. Guess I'll just have to go drive em both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
toyota=no fun but great value n reputation

i test drove the altima coupe....ehhhhh

in my personal opinion the accord coupe is much better and i wasnt crazy about that car either

id keep the rsx and save for something better

·
b0000000000st
2,447 Posts
Test drive them both, the performance and MPG are similar, it should really come down to the feel of the cars. I like how both cars look, but neither of them are close to perfect. The Accord has too many awkward, rigid lines, in my opinion, and the Altima is too "bland", a lot of curves, but no real definition. That's one thing I like about my car, and RSX's, They are fairly "curvy" in general, but have a few rigid, straight lines to offset that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts