Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1348 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i thought an offical chat thread would be nice, cause ive noticed we've been using the q&a as a chat kinda along with some other threads so get in on this shit!!!!!

So i bought the rbc and comtech header and put them both on last night and the adapter plate i got with the rbc had an option to get nitrous ports put on it so i figured id just run my two stage on that, well turns out the ports are 1/8th inch and dry nozzles are, im assuming 1/16th cause they deff. dont fit. So now i have to order two new nozzles or cap one and use a wet shot nozzle because i was thinking that those are 1/8th inch.

Anyone use the adapter plate for there setup?
And whats your guys thoughts on spraying through that plate? I was a little worried because its between the throttle body and the manifold.

Well other than all that i loaded up the toda header, exhaust, cai, stocks cams map and tuned up the A/F and it pulls soooo nice now, i cant wait for better weather so i can start spraying again.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
All i know is...

CAI, K pro, walbro pump, stock injectors, 40 shot. (no other mods)

400 Fuel isnt enough and i hit a lean cut. :face:

I didnt get to datalog, im trying to figure out before i go in for a datalog, you guys think its injector cycle 100%+ or simply not enough fuel? ( keep in mind i do have a pump)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hmm... kpro<help<contents<search- nitrous at the bottem of the page i think it has some fuel values to get you started and they should be pretty rich you could try that and tune it up from there...i dunno about your duty cycle tho with out a datalog and i never sprayed on stock injectors so i dont know how far you might be running them

edit: this is a link from hondata, it seems their claiming to have run an 80 shot on stock injectors?? or am i reading it wrong

http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2nos.html

·
Banned
617 Posts
i have the adapter plate on my car but i dont have direct port. we have almost the same mods there. im also running the toda header, intake and exhaust with stock cams calibration

·
doesn't even have an RSX
28,924 Posts
hmm... kpro<help<contents<search- nitrous at the bottem of the page i think it has some fuel values to get you started and they should be pretty rich you could try that and tune it up from there...i dunno about your duty cycle tho with out a datalog and i never sprayed on stock injectors so i dont know how far you might be running them

edit: this is a link from hondata, it seems their claiming to have run an 80 shot on stock injectors?? or am i reading it wrong

Those are on 440s. Stocks are 310s.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the adapter plate on my car but i dont have direct port. we have almost the same mods there. im also running the toda header, intake and exhaust with stock cams calibration
ive been messing with that map lately and im not sure if i like it its very rich all throughout even with all my bolt ons, how many miles are you getting to a tank?

Those are on 440s. Stocks are 310s.
The car made 283 hp @ 7000 rpm (with nitrous) on stock injectors at about 94% duty cycle, which was about the same power as with 440cc injectors.

theres no way he made 283 on a 40 shot that has to be the 80

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at least you have snow tires, im still on my azenis rt615's...then again it hasnt really snowed here, but they still dont like the cold

·
Registered
16,470 Posts

Here is my logic.

I had a 9 psi blower, with 25 shot on 520CC injectors at 100% duty (stock pump)

I went to 750cc stock pump with same setup, and got a duty cycle of 87%.

(out of efficiency still)

Then I got a pump and lowered my duty cycle down to about 70%.

With that being said (all at about 8000 RPM)

I would assume because I have a pump a 40shot shouldnt be a problem on stock injectors and therefore I just need more fuel.

Only reason im procrastinating is because its cold out and my heater takes a good 20 min (more the most trips) to heat up.

So.... Figured I would get as close to fuel parameters as possible so im not starting at 1400 fuel value and working my way down to 500 10pulls later. (ive done that before ) :face:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So.... Figured I would get as close to fuel parameters as possible so im not starting at 1400 fuel value and working my way down to 500 10pulls later. (ive done that before ) :face:
lol yeah i did that the first time i ran a dry shot, took me a whole bottle on a 50 to firgure out what i was doing lol

I feel you brother. :bbq: Winters are tough.
yes they are, i swear after school and all is done im moving south, maryland sucks:thumbsdow

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Social Group

*alright so f the group, but not everyone's runnin the big shot sooo lets change it up.... flaker wanted to do this eventually anyway so are there any other suggestions

Nitrous Junky Crew
Nitrous Crew
100+ shot crew
Fuck Boost!! Gimmie Some Juice Crew
Spraying our Brains Out! Crew
Juice Crew

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy New Year everyone hope everyone was safe and had a good time, Im goin snowboarding for the weekend, be back tuesday. Peace out!

·
Banned
617 Posts
Happy New Year everyone hope everyone was safe and had a good time, Im goin snowboarding for the weekend, be back tuesday. Peace out!
this yr already sucks, i been sick for over a week now. now i have no voice and been callin in work :(

1 - 20 of 1348 Posts