Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If I wanted to spray the shit out of the motor would it be my best bet to sleeve it? What kind of shot can a sleeved block hold? Right now I have I/H/E/RBC/IPS K2 Cams. Do I run the dry shot through the intake manifold?

Do some research, its all in this forum . I'll guarentee researching will help!

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
lol its all good, i was originaly gonna go with the 550s but o well, i went ahead and did the walbro 255 as well
You dont need a pump till you need like 750's. But, whatevs. (aka like 375WHP) And even then u can just do a return line system.

·
Banned
617 Posts
You dont need a pump till you need like 750's. But, whatevs. (aka like 375WHP) And even then u can just do a return line system.
yeah i know but i just went ahead and did it as well to get it out the way since the car was down and wouldnt have to worry about it in the future

·
ɹʞɔɟuʞɔɥɔ
131 Posts
Another thing to consider is boost is a different animal.
With nitrous you are not fighting manifold pressure, thus I think 450 is possible w/o a pump.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok, i know you guys have been waiting for word on what exactly was wrong with my engine. i pulled the engine a couple of days ago and today i pulled the head. one of the exhaust valves has 2 small chunks missing from it where the valve seats. it also has a hairline fracture. this is the cause of loss of compression. since the compression test revealed my rings are probably going out, its time to build. i've been doing some research and im going all motor for now and n2o. im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons w/milled head and block to up the compression with a 2 layer head gasket. im thinking either supertech or blueprint valvetrain with flat valves 5 angle seats. i haven't made up my mind on what cams, but i know i can do those later on once i get the block ready.

i've done some searching, but i was curious what is the advantage of 90# valve springs have over 80# springs and how they compare to stock springs? i would guess they are better for long duration/lift cams, but i want to know if 80# springs will work with say, crower stg 3 cams or toda spec Cs?

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Another thing to consider is boost is a different animal.
With nitrous you are not fighting manifold pressure, thus I think 450 is possible w/o a pump.
Truth, I didnt factor in the fuel pressure lost with boost as opposed to all motor setups.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
:eek: my bad, the type s is 11:1 the "honda integra" is 11.5:1 and base is something like 9.5:1 lol they suck

at least thats what google says

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
ok, i know you guys have been waiting for word on what exactly was wrong with my engine. i pulled the engine a couple of days ago and today i pulled the head. one of the exhaust valves has 2 small chunks missing from it where the valve seats. it also has a hairline fracture. this is the cause of loss of compression. since the compression test revealed my rings are probably going out, its time to build. i've been doing some research and im going all motor for now and n2o. im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons w/milled head and block to up the compression with a 2 layer head gasket. im thinking either supertech or blueprint valvetrain with flat valves 5 angle seats. i haven't made up my mind on what cams, but i know i can do those later on once i get the block ready.

i've done some searching, but i was curious what is the advantage of 90# valve springs have over 80# springs and how they compare to stock springs? i would guess they are better for long duration/lift cams, but i want to know if 80# springs will work with say, crower stg 3 cams or toda spec Cs?
Wrong Forum for those kinda questions. I could tell you pretty much anything about Nitrous with K-Pro, but I haven't even begun to mess with my internals yet. :coffee:

·
Registered
37 Posts
11:1

im planning on 11.7:1 compression wiseco pistons QUOTE]

just curious why you decided to do that when stock is 11.5:1, any specific reason
stock is only 11.1:1, and for the money, i'd be better off investing in forged pistons. and with the build i.e. milled head, 2 layer head gasket, flat face valves..and now im thinking about going with 12.5: or 13:1 pistons and run race gas for track days. i don't plan on going boost, at least not with the k20. maybe down the road with a k24 built for boost.

reference stock compression, i've seen mixed results basically 11:1 or 11.1:1, either way that .1 doesn't make much of a difference. the k20a R motor is 11.5:1

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
So what is everyones plans or goals for this spring?

I plan on upgrading my clutch(finally), and adding a second stage of spray(75 Primary, 50 Secondary) for a total of a 125 shot. That should be enough to get me into the 12's. I was able to pull a 13.20 on stock clutch and a 100shot this past season.

I'd like to do some more dress up and weight reduction too. Gotta have the show to match the go. :pimp

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
my suspension is where im hurting (stock) so hopefully i can do something with that, i was planning on getting the ksport pro coilovers and some radials with my tax money but it doesnt look like im getting back what i thought i was so i guess thats going to bills now. i was planning on also using that karcepts plate to spray through but it looks like thats not going to be a good idea so i think im going to use a nozzle from a wet kit and do a 60 and 50 shot, maybe more :shady:...

but im determined to be in the 12's sometime this summer also :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just curious if anybody is running a wet-shot without k-pro. Is this possible, and if so how is it been working out for them?

41 - 60 of 1348 Posts