Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am thinking about getting nitrous, and i have the sticky about it and everything but i still have a few ?'s to make sure that i go the safest route possible.

OK first is lets say i go with this Kit : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33740&item=2456582295

Is this kit ok? or is there a special kit for the RSX like special lines that come with it or will this be ok?

Ok i read up about how i also need a bottle heater so i know that, and i plan on going with the NX bottle heater...

So my real ? here is what exactly is a window switch and a WOT switch, like i understand that WOT is it only activates when on, and when in wide open throttle, but the window switch is what really gets me, it only activates between 4-7700k? is that right?

So do i need both of these when i go nitrous?

also what guages do i need? if any? also i plan on putting the bottle right behind the front two seats on that little tray back there, so do i really need a bottle opener or is it just as easy to turn around and hit it?

Thanks for your time, i researched as much as i could so you guys wouldnt yell at me, but i was still a little unsure if i was on the right track...

Cary

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
4orceFed-S said:
ok, so i am thinking about getting nitrous, and i have the sticky about it and everything but i still have a few ?'s to make sure that i go the safest route possible.

OK first is lets say i go with this Kit : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33740&item=2456582295

Is this kit ok? or is there a special kit for the RSX like special lines that come with it or will this be ok?

Ok i read up about how i also need a bottle heater so i know that, and i plan on going with the NX bottle heater...

So my real ? here is what exactly is a window switch and a WOT switch, like i understand that WOT is it only activates when on, and when in wide open throttle, but the window switch is what really gets me, it only activates between 4-7700k? is that right?

So do i need both of these when i go nitrous?

also what guages do i need? if any? also i plan on putting the bottle right behind the front two seats on that little tray back there, so do i really need a bottle opener or is it just as easy to turn around and hit it?

Thanks for your time, i researched as much as i could so you guys wouldnt yell at me, but i was still a little unsure if i was on the right track...

Cary
Sincerly, thank you.

very few come in here and read the sticky, and other threads first. :thumbsup:

the kit you listed is a standard efi kit. Yes, thats the kind of kit for a normal "wet" installation. The brand of it? I'm not 100% sure. You can find the nx or the nos kits for at least that cheap through online retailers, and you're buying from a store. ( you have a place to go if you break something, you can call them and order another fitting or such. :thumbsup: )

Bottle heater = :thumbsup:

WOT switch is a little microswitch that mounts on your throttle body to close when your car is at Wide Open Throttle. This is a small cheap switch that's prone to failure.

All of the things in your system have to be right to spray at all.

Switches on, system armed, WOT switch closed, and with a window switch, it'll only activate between the rpms you set (there are adjustable pills, or pills that are for a set rpm)

If you don't have an rpm switch, and your WOT switch sticks....... the only way to shut off your system, is to manually turn off your switch that arms the system. However, at 7900, if you go to shift and your switch is stuck, thats bad....... rrrrrreeeeaaaalll bad. Thats why a $125 window switch is so appealing. :D

Need? You only need the wet kit to run the system, but all of the things i've listed are in my mind, a must for safety. I'd rather spend $300 on safety stuff, and know i can't kill my motor on accident, than spend $6-7k because i misshifted.

Bottle location: I would advise you to find a different spot for a few reasons.... 1. i'm not sure how the OK cops look upon n2o. It's not exactly legal for street use. law varies between state to state, about whether it can be hooked up, installed, or even transported.
2. if you're to run at any sanctioned track, you need the blow down tube. (i've never been checked, but no one knows i'm spraying, i have a sleeper setup.). what that does is if the bottle gets too warm, it blows a seal and shoots the contents outside the car. That place between the seats? below it is the fuel pump. don't drill there :D

If it's there though, you won't need an opener, and you could really put a n2o pressure gauge on it and read it.... however for gauges..... on my pillar pod, i have n2o and fuel pressure. n2o pressure is KEY, i repeat KEY to a consistant system. spray at low pressure and you'll run rich, spray too high, and you'll lean it out like a mad man.

heh, prop up your feet after reading this one :laughing:

any other questions, just shoot them out :wavey:

-pepsi

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet man that ansered alot of my ?s and good job at pointing that out about the kit, i thought it was a NOS kit, by the blue bottle, so i guess i was kinda tricked there about that, so yeah deffinately get a kit from an online store, any stores that stick out to you or have a better reputation than others? also is there like a "MASTER" kit(dont know what to call it) where like it comes with everything including the window switch? and bottle heater, ect.?

Also so let me get this right, WOT switches are a bad thing or good thing? or wait i just read it again, they are a necessity?

and yeah i will check into the local laws about nitrous and its legability...

Thanks again for all the answers, CLUB RSX ROCKS!

Cary

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
the genx-2 kit for nx comes with fuel pressure sensor, the blow offs, heater, but no window switch.

wot switch is a MUST. you don't want nitrous in your motor unless it's wide open.

and as far as one place over the other? i went with a guy i was referred to, and he's done everything and then some to make sure i got what i needed with my nx kit.

not sure what he's doin nowadays or if he even sells anymore, but his email was [email protected] let me know if he's still sellin stuff too, i might need some fittings and such :D

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Well, i found my old old sheet from when i got my window switch...

All of it came from summit racing,

unit was MSD-8956 $77
low pills were 4000,4200,4400,4600,4800 was MSD-8744
and high pills were 7100,7300,7500,7700,7900 - MSD-87471

and each set of pills was $24.

i just checked and all the part #'s still work, still same prices..... just a heads up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so i was at barnes and noble yesterday, and i was looking through one of the magazines and i saw a NX ad, and they had this thing called the maximizer, i tried to look it up on their web page but got no reslults, anyone try this? it sounds like its got alot of good things in one package, with the window switch and the gear counting and everything, or a price would be cool, cause i want a NX kit, cause all i hear is good things about them, but this would be a great ad on to it...

Peace,
Cary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts