Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen/used/owns, the NX kit that shoots nitrus into a intercooler or onto raditators? I believe it is NX that makes the kit, but it is used specifically as a coolant not as a fuel source. This seemed like a really good idea to me. I was also wondering about Co2? I know that it is also very cold. But i dont know if it would choke the engine(possibly getting into the intake, could it kill the engine?, just wondering about this). ANyway I would like to hear your opinions on this kit, and for those of you who didn't know about it, I guess you know now! Lets get some talks going about this.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
bonus said:
I was wondering if anyone has seen/used/owns, the NX kit that shoots nitrus into a intercooler or onto raditators? I believe it is NX that makes the kit, but it is used specifically as a coolant not as a fuel source. This seemed like a really good idea to me. I was also wondering about Co2? I know that it is also very cold. But i dont know if it would choke the engine(possibly getting into the intake, could it kill the engine?, just wondering about this). ANyway I would like to hear your opinions on this kit, and for those of you who didn't know about it, I guess you know now! Lets get some talks going about this.
You can do that, but it seems rather expensive, doesn't it? Water spray would do the trick just fine, and it is free. Water has a high latent heat, and since most intercoolers these days are high rust resistant the atomized water poses no real threat to the longivity of the intercooler, and it absorbs the most heat.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it hold heat better?

Is water better than nit.? I dont know, but one thing that I have to ask is you would have a much greater supply without the weight with the nitrus. The water you would have to have a fairly good sized tank right? and you would have to fill it often...I dont know, just something to discuss.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Re: Does it hold heat better?

bonus said:
Is water better than nit.? I dont know, but one thing that I have to ask is you would have a much greater supply without the weight with the nitrus. The water you would have to have a fairly good sized tank right? and you would have to fill it often...I dont know, just something to discuss.
Well, you are not going to squirt it all the time, just like the Nitous. You only use it when you are running hard, and a good squirt of water with incoming air well lower the temp dramatically. Have you even been to say 6 Flags Theme park during the summer, and while waiting in line they spray a fine mist of water overhead from time to time and it keeps the heat down? It's the same exact principle.

The Nitrous will be colder for sure, but it is very expensive to operate. You are going to get better immediate cooling with the nitrous, but at a much higher cost.

Water is free. Use it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your right

Your right for sure, just didn't want you to totally ignore the posibilities, actually I had never thought of a squirter added on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now I have heard of using nitrous under high boost applications in the conventional method. Running like a 10-15 shot so it just cools the air.

Using a water spray to cool the intercooler works best at humidity levels of less than 40%, after that a mixture of alcohol and water works better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts