Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had no start, rolled it off and got it home. Changed Relay, changed starter. No go!
Got no voltage at start selinoid. Checked clutch switch, remove and made sure plunger was out all the way. No power at pin 2 or 3 on relay.....Switch??

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? The starter relay gets its power thru the ignition switch. The ignition switch gets its power thru fuses 18 and 20 in the underhood fuse box.

·
I can get that for you
783 Posts
My car just stopped cranking over the weekend. I’m going through the same steps. Need to grab my volt meter and poke around. Don’t mean to thread jack , but Im gonna ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If youre having any issues, post. I'll see if I can help. We're having a hurricane so Im stuck at home with nothing to do.

·
I can get that for you
783 Posts
Is there no thread on here about how to diagnose no start? I’ve searched and can’t find like where to start. I can’t find the ground wire on my starter , I can’t find exactly which is the relay or fuses to check , I’m kind of lost here. First time doing electrical. :( got the car jacked up all my tools I’m ready. Any direction would be appreciated

·
I can get that for you
783 Posts
I’m getting no click and no crank, so I have to check the starter relay and I can use my fan relay, if that doesent work then what do I about checking fuses and solenoid and ignition and stuff? Btw I just go my hondata reflash about 3 days ago, was running fine , then this, and my battery tie down had busted off the radiator support and battery was not secured down.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I’m getting no click and no crank, so I have to check the starter relay and I can use my fan relay, if that doesent work then what do I about checking fuses and solenoid and ignition and stuff? Btw I just go my hondata reflash about 3 days ago, was running fine , then this, and my battery tie down had busted off the radiator support and battery was not secured down.

Do you have a multimeter?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Is there no thread on here about how to diagnose no start? I’ve searched and can’t find like where to start. I can’t find the ground wire on my starter , I can’t find exactly which is the relay or fuses to check , I’m kind of lost here. First time doing electrical. :( got the car jacked up all my tools I’m ready. Any direction would be appreciated

The attached manual somewhere here has a complete manual. It has step by step trouble shooting for each circuit

·
I can get that for you
783 Posts
It was my clutch switch and the stop pads were broken so I just replaced them instead of bypassing it. So if you have no starter failure symptoms (ie slow crank, intermittent no turn over) and your car just does not crank one day and you get no click at all on start position, check your clutch switch. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts