Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so after two years I'm finally putting my car back together... for some crazy reason I was really expecting to bolt her back together, turn the key, and have her fire up.... of course not... that would be to simple.

So when I put the key in the ignition and turn it forward there is no fuel pump. We started testing wires but I'm not 100% sure of what I am looking for. The helms manual I downloaded doesn't seem to be much help either as it's 02-04 and mine is 05 and plugs look different.

We also then noticed that the door doesn't chime when the key is in, put if you pull one of the ECU connectors out it starts chiming.

Kpro also does not recognize the ECU as if it is not getting power either but I don't see any blown fuses or anything else.

I've made a small video hopefully it helps :pray:

http://youtu.be/4yajQ1GLLoc

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Damn it Spaz :mad:
what the heck did you do?
did you check all your grounds/relays?
did you make sure mice didn't chew on the wiring?
Also, is the engine harness a new one? or is it the same one?
'cause I remember reading something about the 05-06 generations having the same issues you are having now... when they
mismatch the engine harness and dash harness

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine harness is my same ChaseBays harness.

My fuse box was relocated and a new harness made by Chucks Tucks.

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
The little green key icon appears on the dash when you turn the key on? It signifies that the security system recognizes your key and allows the fuel pump to energize.

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the immobilizer key flashes

·
Registered
235 Posts
Where's your fuel injector ground at? I hear that helps serve as an ecu ground

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where's your fuel injector ground at? I hear that helps serve as an ecu ground
the backside of the valve cover. It's in the same spot I had it when the car actually ran 2 years ago. But I also added another ground to it for testing and no change.

I think my ECU is either screwed or doesn't have power after testing all night. I jumped the harness and my fuel pump works. But no signal from ECU nor can I hear it click or do anything when I put the key in. :noes:

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's what I was gonna say. Wanna meet up this weekend?

·
Registered
91 Posts
What did this end up being? My car shut down mid drive and I'm getting no power to the ecu with the key in position ii. I checked all grounds and fuses and nothing is blown or loose

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
truthfully it's been long enough i don't remember right now. But I'm thinking

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm completely stumped. After countless hours of checking voltages and wires I'll I've got is when the key is off I have 12.3 Volts to the ecu and when the key is on I have zero. Does anyone have any ideas

·
Super Moderator
23,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up having a bad harness from chasebays. He added an extra power wire that's only found on the 02-04 type-s not on the 05-06 which was messing up everything.

He also wired my map sensor wrong, gave me the wrong map sensor, wrong knock sensor and no temp gauge wiring. I'll never go back to chasebays.

·
Registered
91 Posts
For future reference, my speed sensor was the problem. It went bad and was drawing all the ecu power to it. took me 1.5 years to figure it out it just needed to be unplugged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I kinda have the same problems. Im new to the forum btw. I am working on a members old rsx. Its an 03 with the k24 swap. The other day the belt seperated and tore the crank sensor harness in half. Fixed that and put new crank sensor just for giggles and no start. After racking my brain i finally found the under hood fuse box tucked in the bumper and the ecu fuse was bad. Replaced it. Nothing. Turn the key and no fuel prime no spark either. I can jump the main relay and the pump primes. Also the immobilizer key flashes. But still no spark.
Im lost

As far as the kpro, im not familiar with it, downloaded the software and it says its online and ignition off all the time when ignition is in fact on. I read somewhere that the usb light should light up when ignition is on? It only comes on when the key is off and the main relay is jumped.

Someone please help me. Lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts