Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Z is for Ghost!
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bulletin on Myspace and I think its a great idea!!

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.
Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all myspace members are to not go to a gas station in protest of
high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the myspace network, and the
average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up.

If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,200,000,000.00 (that's BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) repost this bulletin repost it with
'Don't pump gas on May 15th

please re-post........

read
Please spread this to as many sites and bulletins you can. The more the harder the lesson to the oil industry.

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
I highly doubt it'll work. People need to get where they're going...if they're out of gas they're not going to skip getting gas because some bulletin on myspace. If they still have gas they might wait til the next day but it doesn't matter, eventually they'll HAVE to get gas.

Either that or people will get gas the day before or after...so say the 15th is really slow, the 14th will probably be a REALLY good day for them or the 16th...etc.

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
I kind of have a hard time seeing how it will hurt the oil companies. Ok, don't buy gas on the 15th. But you have to buy it eventually, so they still make their money regardless.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
yea that wont do jack shit, the demand for gas in inelastic so if we say we wont get it on that one day it wont hurt anything because we will just get it on another day...duh!!!!!!!

·
58,456 Posts
i think a better alternative is for everyone to boycott a company or two. like if no one goes to shell or chevron ever, that would mess them up..

but then i dont think you can rally up enough people to do something like this... even if myspace had 73,000,000 users... alot of them are over seas, and i bet 40% of that is fake spam profiles... another 30% never goes on to myspace.. and only 1% actually pay attention to these bulletins

·
Registered
307 Posts
It might not work, but at least some people are trying to do something about this crap. Your right we will have to fill up eventually because we all depend on it so heavily. Im not different from anyone else and will need to fill up eventually... but i coast as much as possible and try to get every drop out of my tank before i go out and spend $35+to fill my car up. Bastards have so much control over us:firemad:

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
NOT GONNA WORK

you know how many times this has been tried by groups and organizations all over? I think people went out soo far as too buy GAS put it in containers and sell that to people that were about to pull into gas stations. Course no one would buy it. And like all the other times. The idea failed.

1,493 Posts
yea that wont do jack shit, the demand for gas in inelastic so if we say we wont get it on that one day it wont hurt anything because we will just get it on another day...duh!!!!!!!
I'm glad some people understand...protesting the purchase of gasoline is downright worthless at this point.

I dont care if gas gets to 4 dollars a gallon, I'm still going to be driving just as much as always(MOST people have no choice at all), gas prices dont rule your life unless you have a car that gets asstastic gas mileage....in which case, its your own damn fault, live with your purchase.

People need to realize, the more you "protest" gas prices by driving less or whatever the higher the fuel will get-- lets say I own a shell and I have to make 10 thousand dollars on monday, and half as many people get gas, what do I have to do....double the price, that way I still hit the 10k mark I was supposed to. I realize thats an extreme example, but its proven time and time again to happen on that basis.

The only REAL fix would be for the goverment to put restrictions on these price increases when the actual per barrel oil price barely changes, but yet gas is up 30 cents a gallon in just a couple weeks

·
Yes, I drive a FIT
4,823 Posts
i think a better alternative is for everyone to boycott a company or two. like if no one goes to shell or chevron ever, that would mess them up..
but then i dont think you can rally up enough people to do something like this... even if myspace had 73,000,000 users... alot of them are over seas, and i bet 40% of that is fake spam profiles... another 30% never goes on to myspace.. and only 1% actually pay attention to these bulletins
:iamwiths:

i go to myspace maybe 3-4 times a month, just to check my comments... lol

its been MONTHS since i've even read a bulletin lol

·
durpa durpa
8,502 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Your all gonna piss them off. Then the Giants are gonna raise prices even more just to show you who runs the show.

Just look what the Truth people are doing about cigarettes....nothing. I actually have friends that started smoking cause of the abundance of Truth commercials in there head about having a cigarette and it killing them.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Its been said, but these futile attempts accomplish nothing. It doesn't change the amount of gas you are using, just when you buy it.

If you really want to accomplish something, drive less, buy a smaller car, etc...

I don't like paying more for gas either, but in a way I'm happy because it keeps those soccer mom driven Yukons in their driveways.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.