Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had an H.I.D. 6000k conversion kit. I had it about a year and a half and one of my ballasts just blew. I went back to the store that sold them to me and they told me that they are discontinued because they were not dot approved. GGGGRRRRRRR... I now have to buy a whole new conversion kit! Anyone know where I could get a good deal? I'm not a happy camper!!! :shooting:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
how do you know it was the ballast? is it simply not turning on? could be a few dollar relay.

swap the parts side to side and make sure it's the ballast.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hmm...well i just purchased a set of McCulloch HIDs. I got them from http://www.superhids.com/

Excellent service, fast shipping, and awesome prices. I have yet to install the kit, but everything looks perfect. I have searched around, and this is one of the best places to get a hid kit. Ask for Brian Lam, and say Will from Canada referred you.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
You should leave it 1 hid so you look like those hooked up bad ass bikes lol

yea try ebay, there was a person on here a while back trying to sell a single ballast too

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
ktun said:
Just wondering, what brand was your HID kit?
Yeah, I'd like to know too. You should only trust reputable oem suppliers for HIDs. Xenondepot uses philips ballasts which are excellent. Hella ballasts, which is the major oem supplier (ones tha I currently use) are the same. Their latest universal application ballasts have circuit breakers that if there's a slight discharge or short, the ballasts will automaticallly turn off. It's a great feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts