Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 05 type s.When i went beating on it today first gear was kinda un eventful,second i kinda felt vtec but it kinda felt like it was pulling timing or something.third gear felt awesome,4th gear,well i was going 80... It has 93 octane in it,car is bone stock,no mods.Anyone delt with this? any tips? gonna put some plugs in it tommorrow,i dont think it has anything to do with it though.

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
vtec fluid

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im having this problem as well and would appreciate real answers not "vtec" fluid cause we all know this doesnt exist. Though it would be a great and easy fix.
Tried solenoid - that didnt help...

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Check your oil and make sure the motor is warmed up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
vtec problem... type s

I just had an oil change and my step fathers a mechanic hes checked everything.
We just tried to do a swap with a K20A3 and it just wouldnt kick out of 1st without stalling. Brand new clutch, pressure plate, bearings - Transmission is perfect... so wasnt anything to do with that. So after 3 weeks of screwing with the A3 and everyone including Acura dealership telling me to replace the computers and harness which i didnt want to do - I bought the original engine that goes into the type s and within 15 hours he had the car running. But same problem as before the engine blew - before we tried to swap it with the A3 - the vtec doesnt kick in properly at all and it kinda bogs a bit when I try to gun it. Seems its not getting enough gas? Ugh this car been nothing but problems and thousands of dollars for me - it was supposed to be my dream car! But hey at least it's driving now!

Would really like to get this Vtec working after my patience waiting for my car to run properly after being jipped when I purchased it.
A week later the engine blew and clutch etc went out, the exhaust donut was being held up with silicone (wtf?) ... too many problems ive encountered to list.. :S

Any imput would be great. Tried solenoid, tried fresh oil change etc...

Anything else? anyone? :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts