Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was getting a sqeeking noise coming from the back on the car on the right side.
I was sure it was coming from the rear right suspension. I made it check by the dealer and nothing was wrong on the suspension. They also could not find where the noise was coming from.

I also though that the rear door was making this noise and it wasnt. A friend sit in the back of the car and he had a hard time to find where exactly the noise was coming from until he put a pressure on the roof near the plastic cap where you can manually close the roof with the special key in the trunk if the sunroof motor die.

Now I know that the noise is coming from the sunroof mechanics but I have no idea how to fix it. It look like a big job to remove the roof inside cover and I don't know where to start to disassembled it. If I can fix it by myself I will save alot of $$$ because this is not on the warranty anymore.

Anyone had the same problem with the squeeking noise coming from the roof ?
How do you fix it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this link to download the service manual in another post. I'd take a look at it. There's a lot going on up there. :p http://pdftown.com/Acura-RSX-2002-2003-Service-Manual.html

It has an exploded view of the moonroof.

One thing that the manual pointed to for a noise like that is a loose motor. Another thing that caught my eye is an anchor spring.
Thank for the link but I cannot download the pdf. I have a bandwith exceed.

·
Engineering confusion
101 Posts
any luck with the fix? Mine is doing the same thing. Acura "fixed" my moonroof about a year and a half ago but now it squeaks like a mofo and there's some nasty wind noise coming from the rear edge. I want to take it apart to fix, but don't have the time/facilities in which to accomplish this. . . Now that my car is out of warranty I don't want to take it back to Acura. . .my wallet doesn't need to be any lighter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was getting a sqeeking noise coming from the back on the car on the right side.
I was sure it was coming from the rear right suspension. I made it check by the dealer and nothing was wrong on the suspension. They also could not find where the noise was coming from.

I also though that the rear door was making this noise and it wasnt. A friend sit in the back of the car and he had a hard time to find where exactly the noise was coming from until he put a pressure on the roof near the plastic cap where you can manually close the roof with the special key in the trunk if the sunroof motor die.

Now I know that the noise is coming from the sunroof mechanics but I have no idea how to fix it. It look like a big job to remove the roof inside cover and I don't know where to start to disassembled it. If I can fix it by myself I will save alot of $$$ because this is not on the warranty anymore.

Anyone had the same problem with the squeeking noise coming from the roof ?
How do you fix it ?

Thanks
wow dude we have same issue here, but I don't know where to start fixing it:( and it costs a lot of $ if I bring it to autobody..so how's your roof doing now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts