Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hit a curb doing about 45 MPH. Most of the damage was done to the back wheel on the passenger side, but the front passenger side also took a pretty good hit.
I replaced all the rimms since the back one almost broke into half and front passenger was scratch badly.
I also replaced the rear passenger (right) control-arm since it was bent.
NOW the car leans to the right. I had an allighnment done and they told me I had to fix my cambers!! The car is lowered on no camber kit. AS OF RIGHT NOW the rear cambers are -1.0 (R) & -2.5 (L) and on the front are -.5 (R) & -1.5 (L).
My Questions is: could these camber #'s actually be the reason why the car is leaning to the right?

2nd question: The car makes a sound (like a metal hitting a metal) from the front passenger (Right) wheel, could this be the wheel bearing? How can I check that myself?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way it's a 02 5-speed with 70k miles.

Before the accident I had the same suspension with no camber kit and it was driving fine.

·
Boost Addict
873 Posts
wheel bearing would make the car sound like a jet engine when moving. it would be a loud humming shitty sound.

my guess is something else was bent in the accident. if your camber was fine before and isnt after the accident then something else is wrong. check your subframe, lca, struts, everything.

leave no stone unturned, also check the stupid little stuff

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the thing about the cambers now; before the accident both the rear wheels were sitting at the same angle, but NOW they have different numbers and can't be fixed since they are stock.
By the way I do hear a jet engine sound, but it is not loud at all!!! It feels like it's the tires, but I could be wrong!!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
well you fucked up one side which is why your camber is off and since its fucked up its probably rubbing some shit. check for other bent parts.

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
Check that metal heat shield behind the rotor. Sometimes I have had that rub the rotor after someone takes the wheel of and hits bending down causing it to rub. Just bend it back out of the way.

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
if its a screech, its a little metal tab like right above the bottom bolt that holds the caliper thats causing the screech, i just bent mine a little and its fixed, but im gonna get new brake pads soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts