Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a new stage 1.5 CC clutch installed a while back and a few months later, I'm getting this sound (100% the same sound in the video) upon turning car off. I haven't changed the CMC/Slave yet, which I will do very soon.

In the video description, he mentions that when he turns the car off with the clutch pedal pressed, the sound isN'T there. I haven't tried that, but I'll update this when I do.

If you don't wanna follow the link, the video title is "RSX-S Transmission Noise when shut off engine" by "OhNoPaypal" on youtube.

Any idea what this could be? I've been reading and it may be the input shaft bearing? I get some weird noised like that when shifting as well and especially when letting off the throttle after a pull.

EDIT: After actually reading some of the comments in the video, does this seem like a broken clutch plate sound?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
How does it feel and what sound does it make while engaging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car seemingly drives fine, just with some noises. When I let off the throttle or downshift, I hear some weird grinding noises like when the car shuts off. However, it's more of a choppy version of that sound.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Did you replace the throwout bearing? This can make weird rattles especially when the clutch is disengaged.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the throwout bearing. I thought the throwout bearing was bad if it makes a noise while the clutch pedal was pressed. For me, the noise goes away when the clutch pedal is pressed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!
You have to take your car to the auto repair shop Home - Xpress Centres if it is damaged or not to work properly. If it is not working properly, then check your car’s warranty period. Check for insurance of your car if your car is damaged.

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
141 Posts
Does the clutch slip at all? Have you got your master cylinder adjusted right? Look at the clutch fork, make sure it goes all the way to the resting position when the pedal is not pressed, and make sure the slave cylinder is able to extend fully. If you got too strong a clutch spring it may not disengage correctly.

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
141 Posts
Also, I have a complete and functioning clutch hydraulic system that I rebuilt myself with a stronger civic master cylinder (rsx master was poorly designed and easy to blow out) for sale, willing to let go of it on the cheap, dm me if interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I have a complete and functioning clutch hydraulic system that I rebuilt myself with a stronger civic master cylinder (rsx master was poorly designed and easy to blow out) for sale, willing to let go of it on the cheap, dm me if interested.
I saw your CMC but I unfortunately already purchased one a while back. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts