Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***EDIT 6/24/05 : added the jpg invoice file. hope it helps***

1. A cust reports loud noise when slowing down.
---> 06 intermediate shaft bearing noisy, replaced
intermediate shaft
158 W 1.20
1 44500-S6M-N00 Shaft Assy., HALF
70 Front Wheel Bearings Rusty and Noisy, Repl Left and Right front wheel bearings
158 W 1.60
2 44600-S87-A00 Hub Assy., FR.
2 44300-S47-008 Bearing, FR. HUB

This is directly from the report I got from the dealer
It was a noise that I heard not just when slowing down but when cruising too.
I kinda knew that it was coming from axle area.
Anyway, hope this helps you guys in the future.
Oh, NOISE GONE!!! finally !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
was it like a hissing noise...with occassional screetching (while cruising or braking)? also, is it sporadic....doesn't happen all the time, just occassionally. i'm having these noises and it's coming from the front-left.

thanks for the info!

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was both clunking and hissing noise.
clunking noise, I thought it was all about clutch because I heard it when I push the clutch in. I still think clutch does it in some part, but bearing was part of the problem too. The noise got so quiet after bearings were fixed.
The hissing noise.. well, when I was cruising I heard some noise that sounded like the shaft turning. Of course shaft turns but it was too loud and abnormal.
After bearing and shaft replacement, the noise was gone too.
When technician heard constant loud noise, he couldn't find problem for a while because the bearings looked normal. He changed anyways to see how it goes, and the noise was gone. So go get your car checked.
I think this is because my car was lowered and put more pressure to the car.
Are your cars lowered?
If it is lowered, i do'nt think it will be under warranty. My car just passed 50000.
I have about 51150 right now.
I'll help you guys as much as possible, so more questions welcomed and good luck on fix. :)

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
i'm not lowered, but...

i had my problem checked out and they said it's the brakes. i know the back are low enough to make noise, but the front doesn't seem like it should be making noise yet...and the noise is coming from the front. i'm getting my pads (and possibly rotors) replaced soon and if the noise continues than i'm bringing it back to the dealership so they can look at it.

the noise doesn't sound like the normal brake squeeling noise, it sounds like more of a hissing noise....so i plan on bringing it back again some time.

thanks for responding! :)

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hope that you guys fix the problems.
I don't remember where i put the report.
I'll try to find it.
And no problem. I'm just trying to help :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a noise also, coming from the back. We put it on the rack. Sounds lkike a creaking almost plastic like sound. Check out the entire rear, no problems. The dealer said it may be the sway bar busings or endlinks....Anyone know?
Im stock 02 S...129,500 on the clock. Doesnt do it all the time, but it is getting annoying.

Nova.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmm... now you got me thinking...

My car (02' S stock) makes some weird noises too when coming to a stop (kind of a creaking noise, humming noise at certain low speeds - probably only because I don't hear it when I'm going faster due to tire noise)

I'm going to print out this info and bring it in to the dealer...

Park2086, can you scan your invoice and email it to me? I'll send you an email and you can just respond.... it'd be much appreciated (FINALLY!)

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FLoP said:
hmm... now you got me thinking...

My car (02' S stock) makes some weird noises too when coming to a stop (kind of a creaking noise, humming noise at certain low speeds - probably only because I don't hear it when I'm going faster due to tire noise)

I'm going to print out this info and bring it in to the dealer...

Park2086, can you scan your invoice and email it to me? I'll send you an email and you can just respond.... it'd be much appreciated (FINALLY!)
aight man.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My car just started making the noise you guys are talking about yesterday. Its sounds horrible. Clunking sound when i'm cruising and slowing down. Dont hear it at real low speeds but hear it when i start accelerating. Hey park, could you also send me your invoice too. I think i may be having the same problems. Read the fourm and it sounds like it. Hope this is it. Sounds like its getting worst.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have this weird humming/whining noise in the engine compartment. It happens whenever I am at 2.5k rpms and when its over 4k rpm. I can hear it everytime am I in those rpm bands regardless of what gear am I and or if its in just nuetral.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have a 05 type s with 3700 miles and i am getting a clicking sound when im driving in under 20 mph and turning left or right...im gonna go to the dealer about this but i also have a mugen ss kit so i think the dealer might try to blame the mugen kit for this problem is there anyway around it without having to pay for it? and if this is a big problem i think we should start a petition so we can get this on the tsb report :dontknow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
KinDred said:
I have this weird humming/whining noise in the engine compartment. It happens whenever I am at 2.5k rpms and when its over 4k rpm. I can hear it everytime am I in those rpm bands regardless of what gear am I and or if its in just nuetral.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yea, I got this too. Just a little bit higher then the engine noise. Any detail? I have a little bit more then 30k miles on my car and am going to have it checked out when i go in for 30k maintenance

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
19,633 Posts
infmethodz said:
i have a 05 type s with 3700 miles and i am getting a clicking sound when im driving in under 20 mph and turning left or right...im gonna go to the dealer about this but i also have a mugen ss kit so i think the dealer might try to blame the mugen kit for this problem is there anyway around it without having to pay for it? and if this is a big problem i think we should start a petition so we can get this on the tsb report :dontknow:
Go to this link.....there are several people with 05's that have this prob.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost....59&postcount=22

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I have a clunking noise in my car, too. It's only really audible when the windows are up and the radio is off. It comes about when I'm cruising at a low RPM in 1st gear (like, around 1500RPM), or when I take my foot off the gas in a low gear. I'm not sure what it is. It always happens though, when the engine shifts around (i.e., when releasing the gas or pressing down on it). I don't know if it's normal, or a problem. :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same problem here....sounds like a *snap* when accelerating from a stop and when slowing down in 1st gear.

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i_crave_vtec said:
I have a clunking noise in my car, too. It's only really audible when the windows are up and the radio is off. It comes about when I'm cruising at a low RPM in 1st gear (like, around 1500RPM), or when I take my foot off the gas in a low gear. I'm not sure what it is. It always happens though, when the engine shifts around (i.e., when releasing the gas or pressing down on it). I don't know if it's normal, or a problem. :confused:
go get the things checked. everything I mentioned above.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Park.. I have a slight whinning noise.. kinda sounds like air being sucked in through the intake.. but then kinda sounds like a small supercharger... not loud and nasty thou.. i hear it when i'm accelerating.. i was assuming it was normal... what do yah think..?? I also have the clunking noise on the driver side.. i feel it in the clutch when i depress it and when i'm driving slow and locking left to right on the steering... i'm assuming i've got the same problem you do.. if you have that invoice could ya send it to me so i can go to the dealership with it.. email me at [email protected] Thanks..

·
fob, DDS
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Muge05 said:
Park.. I have a slight whinning noise.. kinda sounds like air being sucked in through the intake.. but then kinda sounds like a small supercharger... not loud and nasty thou.. i hear it when i'm accelerating.. i was assuming it was normal... what do yah think..?? I also have the clunking noise on the driver side.. i feel it in the clutch when i depress it and when i'm driving slow and locking left to right on the steering... i'm assuming i've got the same problem you do.. if you have that invoice could ya send it to me so i can go to the dealership with it.. email me at [email protected] Thanks..
the slight whinning noise could be the sound that intake is sucking air.
I heard from the beginning and i'm pretty sure it's just air sucking sound.
well, since there are couple people who wanna see my invoice, I'll just post it here. Hope it helps you guys to solve this damn problem.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.