Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an AEM Pulley kit, Circle Earth grounding kit, Injen intake, Nology Hotwires, and Denso Iridiums for my S. Im going to install the plugs and intake myself, but im wondering if i should really install the pulleys and the Hotwires. I have found no dyno sheets with proven gains for either of them, and this bothers me a little, considering i spent almost 400 for the two items. Have any of you installed either of these (AEM pulley kit or Nology Hotwires)? I was going to get the unorthodox pulley kit but ive read that removing the crank pulley's belt pretensioner (i think thats what its called) shortens engine life, so i went with the AEM with no crank pulley. By the way, I am getting the Hotwires, grounding kit, and Pulley kit professionally installed, even though i know i could do them myself.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ahh dammit wrong part of the forum. This is for a Type S. any moderators, go ahead and remove this post, ill repost it in the performance category later, sorry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Okay my aem pulley kit just came today and I put in Nology hot wires on my type s like a week ago. The combined items were pretty expensive. Im happy with the wires, not so much for geat hp gain but they look really good. I put them in with a jdm valve cover and I love the looks of my engine bay. Also as for hp gains I figure all the small gains add up in the end, there are only so many ways you can add hp I like to use all my oppertunities (that I can afford and are mostly legal) It all depends what you are looking for, If you want most hp gain for your buck the intake is a great start them maybe headers+exhaust cover your main bases 1st. I wouldnt say Im an expert by any means but thats just what I think.

I havn't installed the pulley kit yet but the wires you could do yourself (maybe save $ for other mods?) If you are going to put the denso plugs in might as well do the wires yourself too. Pulleys look a little more complicated but I really enjoy working on my car, whereas some people would pay not to have to do it. There's no right or wrong, just prefrence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts