Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the Nology Palm PDA can measure boost? I know there is a sensor that measures Intake Manafold pressure but how do I convert that to PSI? Also how can I tell if I am running lean or not? Thnx!

·
6,734 Posts
It is actually very hard. MAP is registered at inHG (inches of Mercury) you have to convert that to PSI. 29.92 is 1psi at sea level. Before the 7psi upgrade. I would max at like 38.50inHg. As far as lean/rich/stoich with the PDA. You need to convert voltage of the O2 sensors to lean/rich/stoich. Much harder than it sounds. www.google.com has a wealth of knowledge. I know this didn't help, but I am still learning how to read all of them as well.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you think actual gauges are a better way to go?

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
So do you think actual gauges are a better way to go?
Permanently mounted guages meant for the job would definitely be a good investment...

·
6,734 Posts
I agree. Personally, I don't like the idea of guages staring me in the face sitting in the "A" pillar. I have a very good idea that I am running rich with the JRSC/Hondata flash and I know that I am pushing 7psi. So, FOR ME. Guages are not that important. They have crossed my mind but not on the list.

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
wdsonny said:
I agree. Personally, I don't like the idea of guages staring me in the face sitting in the "A" pillar. I have a very good idea that I am running rich with the JRSC/Hondata flash and I know that I am pushing 7psi. So, FOR ME. Guages are not that important. They have crossed my mind but not on the list.
Ya, guages for no reason are just for show, so it doesn't really matter what you get or if you even hook them up lol...

I have an A/F guage mounted on my steering column next to my shift lite and will be monitoring boost via my profec E01 so I don't really have the need for guages on the A pillar

·
6,734 Posts
I actually pondered the E-01 after I installed one in my friends STi. But I won't be able to control the boost (obviously). Though, it would be sorta cool but not necessary. The recordings could help, but then again, the K-Pro has all of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts