Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting some headers soon, maybe the dcsports 4-2-1? or i can modify the jackson racing's flanges but that would probably be real expensive. I really don't want to spend over 600 bucks, so what do you all say

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think that you should just wait awhile until you can afford a jackson racing header and then do the mods to it. From what people say that header really makes a big difference on the base

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
vanbells said:
Somebody tell me if the Toda header fits the base. Pweeeease? :(
It has to fit the base. Provided that u have a type s or custom exhaust that will work with it. I dont see why it wouldn't. But im no expert... Question for u, why are u going for toda over comptech or jr? I know everyone thinks its better, but what makes it better? Its too much bank for me! If i get any of em, it will def be JR just cause the money issue.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
i agree with you...but i might not have my base by summertime..got something planned =)

·
TRD Taco
8,972 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
It has to fit the base. Provided that u have a type s or custom exhaust that will work with it. I dont see why it wouldn't. But im no expert... Question for u, why are u going for toda over comptech or jr? I know everyone thinks its better, but what makes it better? Its too much bank for me! If i get any of em, it will def be JR just cause the money issue.
Not sure. If it makes more hp for a base, I'll go for it. I am just leaving my options open while my car sits in the drive way. I don't want to get another hi-flow cat, so I just want to have straight pipe all the way back.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
vanbells said:
Not sure. If it makes more hp for a base, I'll go for it. I am just leaving my options open while my car sits in the drive way. I don't want to get another hi-flow cat, so I just want to have straight pipe all the way back.
Gotcha! well let me know what u decide to do, cause i am looking at race headers as well, so let me kno what u do and how it works out for u. Best of luck!!

·
TRD Taco
8,972 Posts
I went to Tempest Racing in Waldorf. Hopefully, they told me to get a hi-flow again, before I get pulled over again. They also told me not to go Jackson racing and spend the money on Toda. So now I gotta buy a car sound cat, toda header and they send my ECU to Hondata for me , then get it tuned. This is going to cost a fortune. :( oh well.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
vanbells said:
I went to Tempest Racing in Waldorf. Hopefully, they told me to get a hi-flow again, before I get pulled over again. They also told me not to go Jackson racing and spend the money on Toda. So now I gotta buy a car sound cat, toda header and they send my ECU to Hondata for me , then get it tuned. This is going to cost a fortune. :( oh well.
Yea thats madd BANK!!! But best of luck!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im getting the dcsports 4-2-1 headers and cutting of the catalitic converter then welding the pipe. That way i don't have to modify the flanges for the jackson racing, and it will put out about the same hp, with a whole lot less money.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah but then i would have to modify the flanges and that is a lot of $$$, and i have to worry about that messing up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts