Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching, but i still have a few questions.

So hondata is basically resetting your ecu.

It raises your redline to 8,600 rpm instead of 8100. Isn't there a reason why the redline was 8100, and is this bad for the engine?

Also, it says its works best with an intake (i would get a SRI), but then some people are saying they have problems running hondata w/intake? Whats that all about.

Also, overall, how much will this cost, and how much whp/tq will i gain?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
hondata raises your redline from 7900 to 8600 (if you get program #4)...the stock fuel cut off is at 8100rpm. However, you could also go with the #2 program if you didn't want the raised rev limiter, Hondata did extensive testing on the rsx before releasing this product so it is very reliable.

Hondata does work best with a CAI because that's the type of intake testing and tuning was done with, however an SRI would only net you lower hp/torque gains...there should be no real reason for problems with running with an intake since that's what the program was created for.

cost is ~600 i think, check the crsx store and www.hondata.com for actual prices and dyno's of hp/tq gains. Overall, I think you would be very satisfied with it as many other members here are.

Hope this helped some...

lat-R

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks man. Can anybody post a dyno with just the hondata reflash? I can't seem to find it lol...

Also, is there any way to modify your tach or get a new one so the redline starts at 8600 or are you just suppose to leave it as is.

EDIT: Nevermind, found dyno. Thats coo that max torque is lower, and it adds about 20 hp /tq? Thats pretty good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
regarding the dyno readings

why when i look at different dyno tests of the hondata ecu reflash i see different graphs for the same product. For instance when i checked out the hondata website they have one graph and the link presented on this thread has a different graph for the same product!! For a newbie like me this is confusing, arent they suppose to be the same graph?

·
Registered
10 Posts
bxs882 said:
why when i look at different dyno tests of the hondata ecu reflash i see different graphs for the same product. For instance when i checked out the hondata website they have one graph and the link presented on this thread has a different graph for the same product!! For a newbie like me this is confusing, arent they suppose to be the same graph?
Oh wait i just checked out and i kinda understand. So my next question is, waht is the difference between reflash and reprogram?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts