Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone drive a base MT and base AT? Is the difference great? I will likely get the AT since I don't want to worry about a bad clutch. I will get a '05 model. I haven't driven a manual before.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Anyone drive a base MT and base AT? Is the difference great? I will likely get the AT since I don't want to worry about a bad clutch. I will get a '05 model. I haven't driven a manual before.
the difference is that one has a manual transmission, the other has an automatic.
they both have a k20a3 so tranny is the only diff.

you decide what you want, i'd go with 5speed though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They will blow your stock shock quickly, if you choice to go that route i would recommend installing a set of brand new oem shocks or aftermarket shocks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

I'm currently considering an RSX-S, and I'm debating between the 02-04 model vs the 05-06 model. I have done some basic searching, so I am aware of the physical differences between the original and the face lifted Type S. However, I am wondering if someone has driven both, and can tell me how big of a difference the upgrades in the 05-06 car makes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strut to steering knuckle bolts

Simple question, I hope. I have taken the bolts out of the front struts that mount them to the steering knuckle and can't remember if the bolts go in from front to rear, or back to front. Could someone have a look at theirs and let me know? Or maybe it really just doesn't matter.

:confused:

·
10 Wheels > 4 Wheels
487 Posts
It is a bolt, doesn't "technically" matter. Aim the bolt in an outward direction towards the outer most opening of the wheel well, so if you pull it out you don't bash your hand into an inner fender.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alright super noob question, Do intakes (like the V2) have a life span? Is there any downside to buying a used one? Obviously the filter needs to be replaced at some point but what about the actual intake?

·
Registered
35 Posts
trying to drop her a little bit

whats the average one would lower there whip inches wise....yeah thats a random question but if im gonna invest $$$$ i would want to make sure im not doing some dumb shit

·
Registered
35 Posts
whats the average one would lower there whip inches wise....yeah thats a random question but if im gonna invest $$$$ i would want to make sure im not doing some dumb shit

·
Registered
423 Posts
Inch and a half.

If you're buying coils it wont matter. You can easily adjust those anytime you want. As for lowering springs, I don't think there's anything out there that is going to drop you to a point where you need to worry about it.

541 - 560 of 600 Posts