Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many MPG can i expect to get on my 2006 RSX 73K miles (base model) Cty/Hwy? The Dealer said 24city/35highway, but i just went through 1 tank and i'm spectical.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
How many MPG can i expect to get on my 2006 RSX 73K miles (base model) Cty/Hwy? The Dealer said 24city/35highway, but i just went through 1 tank and i'm spectical.
fuel consumption is based on a lot of factors, weather, road conditions, tires (to include inflation), ignition, engine oil, air ingestion, etc all contribute to gasoline consumption.

There are way too many variables to consider to answer your question.

If you want a general answer, comparing this car now to when it was new, there's virtually zero difference. I still get the same gas mileage now (with 115000 miles) as I did when I bought her new in 2002.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is it okay to run 2 different brand tires? Of course the front two tires will be the same brand, and the two in the back will be another.

·
Registered
473 Posts
never a good idea to use tires with different tread patterns. Extreme point but a ways back I was using studded tires in the front and regular all season on the rear. I went around a corner with a few inches of snow on the ground, not even going that fast and my front tires grabbed but my rear tires didn't so the back end swung out and I did a 180 into a snow bank.

·
Registered
406 Posts
never a good idea to use tires with different tread patterns. Extreme point but a ways back I was using studded tires in the front and regular all season on the rear. I went around a corner with a few inches of snow on the ground, not even going that fast and my front tires grabbed but my rear tires didn't so the back end swung out and I did a 180 into a snow bank.
ah damn scary alright for sure thanks for your input dude.

·
Banned
526 Posts
hey guys. ive got fujita cold air intake, obx v2 raceheader and a generic 2.5 inch header back exhaust. just trying to get a feel for where id dyno since i am untuned. i gather the consensus is around 190whp? and after a tune around 200whp? anybody with my same mods dynoed before? thanks

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
Hey Erik, just to confirm, is this list (http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/hybrid.html) all that we need to do a K24/K20 frank motor into our cars? I know it's been covered a bit so it's not really worth it to make a new thread, but I just wanted to confirm. I've done some searching but the threads get so cluttered with people saying this won't fit, that won't fit, etc. The only other thing I'd need is a K24 header, correct? I already have Kpro. Also, what kind of rev limits would we see with a hybrid setup? I realize it's dependent on the tune, internals, valvetrain, etc, but for all intents and purposes, say a stock A1 block on a stock A2 head. Thanks for your time.

·
0 Posts
Dan, yes, that list is pretty complete. The only thing that would add to it would be if the owner wanted to replace the K24 oil pump with a Type-S unit, in which case they would need a few other parts and would be able to re-use their existing aluminum oil pan.

The issue with the header is a complicated one. Not all headers will fit with the stock sway bar and sometimes, with the same sway bar, one guy's will not clunk and the next guy's will. The real solution is to have a custom header made (like I did). Otherwise, it becomes somewhat of a game of mix and match.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What's up guys,

I have an 2004 RSX Type S that I bought like 6 months ago. The car came with Function & Form Type 2 coilovers. I want to replace these soon. I will also be getting new wheels for the summer.After searching I'm down to buddy club N+ coilovers or koni yellows shocks with eibach pro kit springs and a-spec suspensions. I'm looking to have a 1-2 finger gap. The wheels I'm planning to run in the future are 17x9 +35 or 17x9 +38 offset. I will be getting a camber kit also,don't know which brand yet. Will I be able to fit that size of wheels running the koni yellow & eibach pro kit springs setup? My car is daily driver. I would appreciate it if anybody can help.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay i have a question bout parts i am about to buy i have an 06 type s with an injen sri and just got a kpro and my question is… with an RBC mani and the sri and header and exhaust..with optimal dyno tuning how much who is this looking at… right now i believe stock who is around 183 ishh??? please shoot me a link i can't find to proven dyne results or a close very educated guess.. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have cai/rh/e, and i was thinking about getting fog lights, but im worried about losing power because of lack of air flow. Has anyone ran into this? Or is the open vent in front of the radiator support big enough to supply enough air for no power loss?

Also i previously had a gsr with a short shifter, and the shoft shifter wasnt the whole shift box, it was just a shorter shift stick. Are there any like this for the type s? Or do i have to replace the whole shift box? When i search all i see is about the buddy club. I just want to shorten the height is all.

Thanks again.

05 type s. Injen cai, sk2 rh, invidia q300, hondata img. Sk2 coils.

·
Registered
4 Posts
04 w/o spoiler?

Hello all. So I have a 04 rsx type-s and believe type-s for that year is supposed to have a spoiler? I am the second owner and I am acquantiences with the original owner so I know they didn't get into a wreck and replace the trunk without the spoiler. Any help as to why mine doesn't have it?

·
Midwest K Productions
2,103 Posts
Hello all. So I have a 04 rsx type-s and believe type-s for that year is supposed to have a spoiler? I am the second owner and I am acquantiences with the original owner so I know they didn't get into a wreck and replace the trunk without the spoiler. Any help as to why mine doesn't have it?
carfax or see if there is a vin sticker on the inside of the trunk.

·
Registered
864 Posts
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=528407

Apparently the 02-04's don't come with a spoiler...

Interesting

·
Master Bater'
78 Posts
What kind of rsx is easiest to mod should I go with a base model or go with the type s
At least with the type-s you already have a little more power so that gets you a step closer to a quicker vehicle if you're talking engine mods.

As for non mechanical mods. Either or. Both type-s and base are the same when it come to aesthetics. Neither are easier nor harder.

But type-s is better all around from the get go soooo...:coffee:

561 - 580 of 600 Posts