Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey ClubRSX!

noransx.blogspot.ca

Let me introduce myself here since I'm fairly new around here. I'm 19 years old currently studying Economics at University. This is my first car and I'll be keeping it for quite a while. I bought it when I was 17 and really had no idea what it was. I have always enjoyed Japanese cars so when I had finally saved up enough money I started looking around town for a nice base car for an ongoing project. It took longer than expected, but after sorting through an Mk3 Supra, Evo IV, an SR20 S13, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2002 SSM RSX Type S! I didn't like Honda's all too much prior to buying one, but I had never properly driven a Honda before.

On to the car!

2002 Acura RSX Type S

Hondata V3 Kpro
Fujita SRI
Apexi WS2
Private Label MFG Race Header

Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Type 1 Coilovers
Skunk 2 rear camber arms
Ingalls front camber bolts
Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 225/45/17235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports :sj:
Rays Engineering Volk RE30 Mag Blue 17x8+38
Rays Engineering Mag Blue Type A centrecaps
Rays Engineering Blue Duralumin 35mm lug nuts
Motul DOT 4 RBF600 brake fluid
Centric Premium Rotors
Hawk HP+ Pads

OEM Honda Type R rear lip
OEM Honda Type R side skirts
ITR style front lip
ITR style wing
OEM Honda FD2R shift knob
OEM Honda DC5R foot rest
Mugen Pedals
OEM Honda headlights blackout + Infiniti FX35 Projectors, 6000k bulb
Yellow fogs

Still waiting on some parts. The list above will grow over time.

Thanks for viewing!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love your car and the quality of your build. Looking forward to updates :jelly:
Thanks! Maybe when the time permits I'll have a fancy head like yours. :rotfl:

Daaaaamn!!!!!! Super clean car bro!!!! Keep it up. I must say I am very impressed with how well taken care of it is given your age.... (no offense).
The hardest part of owning a car is keeping it in good condition, and it isn't made easier with performance parts. Much appreciated. :bow:

so simple and the pics look great! love that the driving shots with the cluster!
My friend Chris did worked his magic with the photos. Thanks for the kind words :)

love it man =)
Thanks for the love :thumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Couple of things as of late.

Replaced my seats with unripped ones. Passenger side had a tear on the bottom and the backing, so I replaced the whole seat, and the driver side only had one on the backing, so I only replaced that. Bought two OEM heated leather seats and halo headlights for a good price, sold my ripped seats and the halos, so I ended up paying $15 for a set of minty seats. Not bad at all.

PLMRH. Still needing motor mounts (Kind of lost here TBH - looking for something that will be reliable but will take away as much engine movement without feeling like I'm in a washing machine)

235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires to replace my 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs

Looking into Ferodo DS2500 brake pads but Racing Greed (Local tuning shop) is having small troubles sourcing DC5 pads from Ferodo.

Autocross tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some circuit seat time by next month.

Took the bulbs out of my fogs. Apparently they're illegal here in Vancouver (at least, hooked up as a DRL)

Quick single stage polish - CG V38 w/ White lake country pad, topped with CG Jetseal and Mothers Brazillian Carnuba.

Couple changes with my tune. Still running Stock engine CAI tune from Hondata with a few small changes within Parameters. Slowly (and I mean really slowly) learning how to tune Hondata.

Small photoshoot:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Couple of things as of late.

Replaced my seats with unripped ones. Passenger side had a tear on the bottom and the backing, so I replaced the whole seat, and the driver side only had one on the backing, so I only replaced that. Bought two OEM heated leather seats and halo headlights for a good price, sold my ripped seats and the halos, so I ended up paying $15 for a set of minty seats. Not bad at all.

PLMRH. Still needing motor mounts (Kind of lost here TBH - looking for something that will be reliable but will take away as much engine movement without feeling like I'm in a washing machine)

235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires to replace my 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs

Looking into Ferodo DS2500 brake pads but Racing Greed (Local tuning shop) is having small troubles sourcing DC5 pads from Ferodo.

Autocross tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some circuit seat time by next month.

Took the bulbs out of my fogs. Apparently they're illegal here in Vancouver (at least, hooked up as a DRL)

Quick single stage polish - CG V38 w/ White lake country pad, topped with CG Jetseal and Mothers Brazillian Carnuba.

Couple changes with my tune. Still running Stock engine CAI tune from Hondata with a few small changes within Parameters. Slowly (and I mean really slowly) learning how to tune Hondata.

Small photoshoot:

now this is proper stance, looks really good! that rolling shot :drool:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks!

I had a set of 17x9+22. It looked cool but drove like shit. Even with a mild stretch and rolled quaters, the rubbed and rubbed. That kind of offset needs overfenders, or silly amounts of camber.

As far as my current setup is - I love it, no rubbing and tremendous grip (in the dry at least). Lacks the aggression of lower offsets but I like it much better. Looking to take some camber out of the rear and load some up front soon.

·
ARC Magic FTW
4,987 Posts
Love the build, car is so clean. Love the authentic parts too...And these photos :drool:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.