Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Normal JRSC Race Ver. vs. JRSC Race Ver. w/K-Pro

931 views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  soccerman002 
#1 · (Edited)
I am back and forth between how I want to supercharge my car. Obviously, I want the JRSC, but it kinda isn't that simple. Here is where I am back and forth in making my decision.

I have narrowed my decision down between these two options:

Option No. 01: Get the JRSC Race Ver. and send my ECU off to get the standard reflash. That way, the flash will be optimized for the race version of the supercharger and I won't have to do anything besides plug it in, install the supercharger, and be done with it.

Option No. 02: Get the JRSC Race Ver. w/K-Pro, send the ECU off and have it come back ready to be tuned. The issue I have with this is, I don't have a laptop (more I would have to spend), I would have to get it tuned to truly take advantage of the K-Pro (more money to take it to a shop), and I don't drive my RSX as much as I would like b/c I have a company issued truck that I drive to/from work everyday (less time to play around with the K-Pro, etc.)

I think my situation would be better suited by just getting the standard race version supercharger with the JR ECU reflash and be done with it, but I am looking for and am open to opinions.

I understand that the JRSC w/K-pro costs around $3400 while the standard JRSC race version costs $3500, so I would be paying a little more for what would end up being a little less power. I could justify spending the extra on the supercharger itself b/c I would end up saving on the cost of a laptop and tuning at a shop.

Opinions on my justification?

See less See more
#3 ·
i would go with the k-pro just because it is cheaper and comes with the pre-installed programs for the sc already. plus the k-pro will give you the opportunity to do work later on if you desire to. i think the regular race version puts a limitation on what you can do. plus the k-pro comes out cheaper.

Mike

#5 · (Edited)
I don't fully understand, how is it that you can get the Jrsc race version W/k-pro cheaper than the normal race version

they are both the same thing but with the addition to K-pro, so how is that possible.

usually K-pro is an additional 500.00 when getting the JRSC race version.

If I were you I would get K-pro and full performance out of your Kit, but that is just me.

Although you can upgrade anytime after you receive your kit, if you don't have the time or money now. I just think that if you spend thousands on a kit you want to reep the full potential of the kit. just my .02

#6 ·
I don't completely understand this scenario either. i actually got my race version @7lbs with k-pro for $3450(CRSX) however I have some alignment problem that is causing me to throw belts almost instantly :thumbsdow Anyway, is the reflash setup to use the 550cc injectors? becuase the calibration that comes with the k-pro is for 440's :confused:

#8 ·
jcoukos said:
Anyway, is the reflash setup to use the 550cc injectors? becuase the calibration that comes with the k-pro is for 440's :confused:
That was also something I was looking at, because it looks as if the flash that comes preloaded with K-Pro isn't the same flash that you get when you order the regular JRSC race version (without K-Pro). Since I really don't have the money to get a laptop and pay for someone to tune my car, I figured that getting the standard race version flash would be best b/c it is optimized for the larger injectors and shit already........unless the K-Pro can be easily adjusted to accomodate the larger injectors :dontknow:

This decision sure is confusing............ :confused:

#9 ·
shaggy said:
I don't fully understand, how is it that you can get the Jrsc race version W/k-pro cheaper than the normal race version
You only get the version with the K-Pro cheaper if you already have a Hondata reflash. A reflash is usually $595, a K-Pro upgrade is $995 for those who do not have a Hondata reflash, but only $500 for reflash customers. So those who already have a reflash get the K-Pro version for less than those who go from no reflash to the "race" reflash. You'll also notice that the least expensive "race" version is for those who already have the K-Pro. They need neither a reflash nor an ECU upgrade. All they need is the JRSC hardware and the larger injectors.

Me, I'll get the Comptech SC.

#12 ·
conradb212 said:
Me, I'll get the Comptech SC.

this is what I want to know that means that it wouldnt void your warrenty if you had acura or a professional shop install it. and their all 50 state carb legal, thers already on our for the TL and the NSX.

#15 ·
shaggy said:
thanks guys for clearing that up..... :thumbsup:

conrad...

when is the Comptech S/C coming out? specs? cost?....
Comptech's SC for the TSX and RSX will start becoming available within a month or so. It will be between $3,000 and $3,300, have a larger and newer Eaton compressor and can accommodate an optional inter/aftercooler. The standard version, which should add about 50 hp, will use digital fuel management in order to get the CARB exemption. There is, however, no reason why it can't be used with the K-Pro and larger injectors. How much power the inter/aftercooler will add I don't know yet. All of this is information that came directly from a conversation I had with Comptech early last week. After seeing the system there, I ordered it on the spot and will have it installed by Comptech as soon as they are ready.

#16 ·
conradb212 said:
Comptech's SC for the TSX and RSX will start becoming available within a month or so. It will be between $3,000 and $3,300, have a larger and newer Eaton compressor and can accommodate an optional inter/aftercooler. The standard version, which should add about 50 hp, will use digital fuel management in order to get the CARB exemption. There is, however, no reason why it can't be used with the K-Pro and larger injectors. How much power the inter/aftercooler will add I don't know yet. All of this is information that came directly from a conversation I had with Comptech early last week. After seeing the system there, I ordered it on the spot and will have it installed by Comptech as soon as they are ready.

Nice....

looking forward to your review...

:thumbsup:

#17 ·
conradb212 said:
I didn't plan on purchasing a supercharger kit until September/October, so I suppose the best thing to do would be to hold off and see what Comptech has to offer. I'll be looking for your impressions as soon as you get it installed by Comptech.

Thanks for the info. conrad :thumbsup:

#18 ·
conradb212 said:
Will Comptech update their website soon?

#19 ·
RSXTypeSNewb said:
Will Comptech update their website soon?
I don't think they do their own website and so it's always a bit behind. All I hope for now is that the timetable they gave me for their SC will be on target. I ordered the SC on the spot and hope it'll go in within a month.

They are a super-classy operation. You don't see too many race shops where you could literally eat off the floor.

#20 ·
conradb212 said:
I don't think they do their own website and so it's always a bit behind. All I hope for now is that the timetable they gave me for their SC will be on target. I ordered the SC on the spot and hope it'll go in within a month.

They are a super-classy operation. You don't see too many race shops where you could literally eat off the floor.
Yeah, I know Comptech is a very respected organization, so I would be doing myself a favor by holding off for a few months to see what they come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.