Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

North East/Northwest folks(winter time): do you add cais and lower you ride?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  9/11 RSX-s 
#1 ·
Just got a DC5 fully stock...Want to start adding stuff. As a daily driver I want to know in YHO:

For those people that get a lot of snow or worst...live in Pothole heaven infested cities(this is the only reason i would be in FL..nice clean roads..)...do you:

Add CAI or just stay with a SRI because of the awful winter days?

Lower your car.....I want to slightly lower it but the snow and potholes concerned me. Of course, you always try to avoid it but sometimes it can't be helped.

Or are some of you lower/add cai for spring-fall and then make it back to stock in winter time. Just learning from others :D

Thanks!

#4 ·
May not be the input you're asking for... But here in Portland it very, very rarely snows, maybe one day a year lol. You can ride slammed all day but on we use gravel instead of salt so your lips will get fucked up. CAI you can rock here but it rains so much I know a lot of guys go with SRI just for piece of mind. Yeah I know, you have to pretty much drive through a freakin ocean to hydrolock the motor but it's just a piece of mind thing.

#7 ·
exactly what I did, only not a jeep. Bought something with 4 wheel drive and keep my RSX nice and fresh and low miles!:thumbsup:

I've been through a hell of alot of beaters, had a little dodge p.o.s. 2 years ago with 13"" tires and the damn thing went everywhere haha. I live in the snow belt too, Lake Erie kicks our ass for like 4 1/2 months!!

#9 ·
i live in western MA and i have a cai and dropped 1.5"... i used to drive it year round just put a set of snows on it and never had any issues... only had 1 scary situation with rain but thats my fault cuz i could have avoided it and it was some serious flooding that happens once every 4 years lol... and as long as you avoid all the potholes ull be fine lowered just keep an eye on the roads and youll learn where all the bad parts are... last winter i bought a truck so she stayed in the garage for the first time haha... but the salt damage has already been done so i would recommend getting a winter vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.