Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Euro Yellow Picture Whore
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, let's get the ball rolling on our next meet! Same place as the meet on April 1st, which had a great turnout with the Euro Yellow's outnumbering everyone else except NHBP. What does everyone say?

...and can we please get some RSX's this time? For every ten of you guys who said you'd come, nine completely flaked and there were only three RSX's at the meet compared to almost twenty EP3's.

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/374608635920455/

Here's the plan:

The meet starts at 11:00AM, hopefully in this parking lot. I don't know yet if anyone is bringing a portable barbecue grill or if there are grills available for us to use, but if anyone has more info please let me know. We will try to keep space available for everyone but the number of people at the park can't be predicted. People generally park on the North side of lot 2. We will cruise Seven Lakes Drive down and back starting at 3:00PM, so that people can get some good pictures beforehand. When we leave the lot, we will be taking a right turn and going through the traffic circle and up the hill:

The route will go past the road we took last time to go up to the tower. If people aren't up for the hour-long cruise down 7LD, we can do this as an alternate plan. After passing the turnoff for the tower, we will bear left on the entrance to Route 6, then bear right to go into the next traffic circle. I will be the lead car so we don't get lost, but once we're on 7LD feel free to pass me since I'll have a GoPro on my roof, facing rear and off to the driver's side to capture everyone passing:

Below is the full route. Seven Lakes Drive passes a lot of scenic lakes, is a favorite road for motorcyclers, and has a few areas with a passing lane. There are a few traffic circles along the way; if you get stuck we will be going straight through these circles to continue on Seven Lakes Drive. The other roads that go into the traffic circles are noticeably different so you'll know you made a wrong turn:

At the end, the road leads to a right or left turn, so we will have to pull into a small parking lot to turn around. If I find a better spot for this, I will let you know, but for now this is the place on the map and what it looks like:

When we get back to Bear Mountain State Park, anyone who wants to stay and hang out for a little is fine, but it will be closer to dinnertime and many people will probably be hungry, so that will be the official end time for the meet.

I will keep updating this first post as we get closer. I will also be creating a Facebook event. Get everyone you know with a car that's cool, it's not just a Honda meet!

·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, we will have food!! I'm ordering a 4' Italian combo and we'll have a cooler full of water bottles for everyone! The sandwich will cost me $60 so please donate if you could. Bring a $10 bill to cover the $8 park entry fee and you can have some food for $1 or $2!

·
Soup to nuts
7,174 Posts
Have you considered the Anthony Wayne Recreational lot off of the palisades? Much larger area. Grills all over the place. No BS from the wanna be cops (rangers)

·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll scope that field out, but for now we're set at Bear Mountain Park. So long as nobody does any burnouts the cops won't bother us. There'll be food, drinks, and snacks!

·
Soup to nuts
7,174 Posts
Nice seeing you guys! Sorry I went on my own cruise. I was itching to hit some corners.

·
Soup to nuts
7,174 Posts
Was that you with the SRT4 and Evo? You should have them add me on Facebook so we can get them in on the next meet too! You missed the Ferrari by the way...
Yes that was me, I don't know if they have a fb. As for the Ferrari, seen and driven plenty =D

·
Soup to nuts
7,174 Posts
Nope, didn't ride at all that day.

·
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes that was me, I don't know if they have a fb. As for the Ferrari, seen and driven plenty =D
Ah ok, well hey add me on FB if you can and make sure to keep your friends in the loop; all three cars sounded sick driving out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts