Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an excellent weekend it was racing! This was my first time autocrossing at Warminster, PA and there was plenty of good competition in STX. Unfortunately for the STX class, we had a very fast Philly region driver who normally drives in STS run his 89 Civic Si in STX instead (since his co-driver was runnin in STS and I think they wanted to run in separate heats). With his fully nationally prepped and trailered car and of course fast driving skills, none of us were going to place 1st so the battle was for 2nd. There were 8 cars total in my class.

On Saturday, I was holding 2nd place but coned 2 of my fastest runs and was beaten for 2nd by a driver of a Nissan SE-R SpecV on his last run by 0.2 seconds pushing me down to 3rd. We were both running similar times and the heat was on for Sunday (today). After a lousy first run, I finally found my speed and was able to beat the Nissan by a few tenths. In the end, I was able to take the 2nd place trophy in the divisionals beating 3rd place by just 0.14 seconds....phew!!!

Congratulations also to DrPcmd for his 3rd place trophy win in STS! I'm beat, going to bed now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice job, Steve!:thumbsup:

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
congrats

·
The doctor is in
960 Posts
pretty cool pic from the event.

Nice I can see a little daylight under that driver rear tire:thumbsup: actually almost looks like your 2 wheelin it.

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice I can see a little daylight under that driver rear tire:thumbsup: actually almost looks like your 2 wheelin it.
Nah, I think the front driver wheel is still a bit on the ground so my LSD is still in effect :)

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
Congrats! Good work guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
184 Posts
With his fully nationally prepped and trailered car and of course fast driving skills, none of us were going to place 1st so the battle was for 2nd...

man, you love bitchin' about trailered cars... :firemad:

hey doc and steggy, running etown sat?

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man, you love bitchin' about trailered cars... :firemad:

hey doc and steggy, running etown sat?
Hehe, trailered cars obviously have a few advantages but I will have to admit I was outdriven fair and square. My RSX even with the best driver is never going to catch up to a 89 Si with a good driver, that's just the reality. Anyway, yeah, of course we'll be at Etown. We're both in it for the point race remember :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts