Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if anybody out there was planning on getting the NOS NOSzle system, you are SHIT OUT OF LUCK. At least until they make one specifically for the RSX. This screwed all my plans, I was a week away from having all the money for it and Alpha Zero was going to help me install it.

Here is what NOS said:

We have already tried to install a nozzle system on an RSX. The RSX uses an injector which has a port on the side which is not compatible with the nozzle system.

Thanks, NOS tech dept

Well now I have to figure out what to do with all my money!!:laughing:

G

·
Uh, get a Nitrous Express system like most other people on this board have, or just give the money to me... I recommend the latter:)

-Steve

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I WOULD BUT.....

I realize there are other kits out there, but I was trying to go about this without drilling into my intake manifold. I figured that direct port was the way to go, with the great results that the mustangs have been getting with this kit I figured it was the best way to go.

Now I will have to hook up a kit by drilling into my intake, which is fine, but then you risk an intake manifold backfire from puddling fuel in the in the intake manifold. I think I am going to get a regular NOS kit, and hook it up just like Az's. THEN I AM SPRAYING 100!!!!!

:shooting: By the way you can't have my money!!!!!!

G

·
arrest me redtypeS said:
Well if anybody out there was planning on getting the NOS NOSzle system, you are SHIT OUT OF LUCK. At least until they make one specifically for the RSX. This screwed all my plans, I was a week away from having all the money for it and Alpha Zero was going to help me install it.

Here is what NOS said:

We have already tried to install a nozzle system on an RSX. The RSX uses an injector which has a port on the side which is not compatible with the nozzle system.

Thanks, NOS tech dept

Well now I have to figure out what to do with all my money!!:laughing:
That sucks:firemad: Why did Honda have to make everything so different on this car? Do they not want us to make it fast???:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
onlyr6 said:

That sucks:firemad: Why did Honda have to make everything so different on this car? Do they not want us to make it fast???:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I know, the computer is more complex than the pentagon's, it is almost rediculous.

The injectors are different also, making me think that replacing our fuel injectors with aftermarket ones that flow at a higher rate is going to be hard, and :shooting: EXPENSIVE.

This will piss off all those who want to do turbo uprgades also.

Hopefully Alpha finds out some good news, maybe they can make a kit specifically for the RSX :) but it will cost a shitload of money, thus making it not worth it. I will keep my fingers crossed.

G

·
ahh yes.. we are plauged with the same problem.. at least you guys have aftermarket support!!

everyone just kinda forgets about teh celica.. even TRD

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
Alpha Zero said:
I'll get to the bottom of this... I'll call them tomorrow and see exactly what needs to be done. :thumbsup:
Hey Alpha - Did you call em up yet? I was interested in using the NOSzle setup too, so if it's a definitive no, then I guess I'll just have to cry.

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
4) The purge switch is a momentary switch (button) that release nitrous from the line between the purge solenoid and the bottle. If the bottle is closed it just releases the leftovers... (done for safety and to keep your lines clean for the next round).. If the bottle is open the purge will keep going as long as you hold the button down or run our of air pressure.. whichever comes first.
From the sticky at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
RsXBaSeDoNsPeEd said:
uh guys this might sound stupid but i checked in the dictionary and looked up the word purge

purge means to clean or purify from something....

now how do u purge ur engine?
You don't purge your engine.. *Slap* :rolleyes:

You purge the nitrous line going from your manifold/intake to your bottle.

Thanks,

Az :wavey:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where is Alpha?

Hey, does anybody know where Alpha is??? I want to get a kit for my car, and he hasn't replied to me. :(

Az, what is the main difference, if any, between the NOS kit and the NX kit. I am talking wet kit of course.:thumbsup:

I like your setup, and I am probably going to do mine like that, hope you don't mind.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Re: Where is Alpha?

arrest me redtypeS said:
Hey, does anybody know where Alpha is??? I want to get a kit for my car, and he hasn't replied to me. :(

Az, what is the main difference, if any, between the NOS kit and the NX kit. I am talking wet kit of course.:thumbsup:

I like your setup, and I am probably going to do mine like that, hope you don't mind.
They're aren't all that many differences.. mostly aesthetics and accessories. They both have their own extraneous gadgetry. :) NOS and NX are the two most similar of the nitrous manufacturers... Venom and Zex being gheytardedly different. ;)

Az

P.S. By all means, bite off me! I just want every last member to be purging at stop lights.. It's my sinister phase II of operations. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.