Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had trouble with the fenderwell screw/button snap for the nosemask? Mine won't stay on because of the tension. I followed the directions carefully, but the things still pop out. What am I doing wrong?

Alpheus

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't know what you are doing wrong. Put the snap in the hole and then turn the screw. That draws in the rubber on the back and and creates an interference fit. I don't think you will feel the screw tighten up like a regular nut and bolt application. Before you try to install the mask test the snap by pulling on it to make sure it doesn't pop out.

·
Master Member Modulator
205 Posts
I initially had trouble with one of mine as well. The driver side was no problem, but for some reason the expansion nut wasn't grabbing right on the passenger side. It was expanding "inside" the hole instead of behind it. I solved the problem by reaching up behind it and holding the plastic liing tighlty against the metal part of the fender. Just make sure that it expands behind the hole; like I said. You should be ok then. Sorry if that was a vague description, but its been a few months since I did it, and I also don't really know how to put into words what I did.

Craig:spin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.