Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dan The Handy Man
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night i make a right onto my friends street and than we're going about 20. than all of a sudden i hear this clunking noise. im like wtF? get out check everything and nothings loose or missing nothing is leaking.

now when i drive above 30 this clunking noise comes into play. its noticable inside and outside. and than when i throw it into 5th or 6th it makes a weird noise . and when its in gear and im off the gas it makes a weird noise. Im completely loss. had a brand new tranny put in 10k miles ago

·
Da Vinci's Predecessor
56 Posts
I have no solution for you but I'm intrested to here what people have to say. Is it from the engine or the tire. I had a clunking noise in my old integra and it turned out to be the drive something that made the front wheel turn. It clunked for a while when the wheel was turned and one day I was on an off ramp on the accelerator and turning and it was just clunk clunk crack and I lost all power to the front tires. Maybe?? I really am not sure thats my 2 cents

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
does it make the noise when you have the clutch pushed in or released? You said it makes it in gear and you're off the gas, does that mean you're in gear but you have the tranny disengaged?

It's all sounding to me like a tranny/clutch problem. Doesn't matter if it was put in 10k miles ago, that's enough time for a defective tranny to crap out on you. take it back if you still have a warranty on it.

·
Dan The Handy Man
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when the tranny is engaged and im not on the gas it makes a weird like buzz noise. and when tranny not engaged it just clunks alot.

·
booosstteeeddd rsx-s
310 Posts
If u are able to feel the clunk near ur feet it is probably a cv joint....u can check thos by jackin up the front of ur car and just put it in 1st gear and look at the CVs and if they look like they arnt rolling smooth... they probably arnt... if it only makes it while u turn look at ur swaybar linkage

·
Dan The Handy Man
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the tip guys. im thinking its either my cv boots or my whole axle.

i have cold air and a race header.
doubt acura would warrenty my shit since im at 37k miles. and 10k back i had them replace my whole tranny :(

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
thanks for the tip guys. im thinking its either my cv boots or my whole axle.

i have cold air and a race header.
doubt acura would warrenty my shit since im at 37k miles. and 10k back i had them replace my whole tranny :(
Yes they will, and they have to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that your mods fucked up the CV or axle and there is no way those two mods could do that. So hit up the dealer, review the laws that require them to provide DOCUMENTED proof that your mods fucked up that part of the car and HOW. They can't, so they have to warranty it.

·
Banned
8,683 Posts
Yes they will, and they have to PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that your mods fucked up the CV or axle and there is no way those two mods could do that. So hit up the dealer, review the laws that require them to provide DOCUMENTED proof that your mods fucked up that part of the car and HOW. They can't, so they have to warranty it.
ill agree with that but still take off that race haeder bro, dont give them any chance to try and pin it on u or the race header, take that bitch out and then go

·
Dan The Handy Man
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know. i thought my axle snapped and it was clunking but guess not. i drove it home and it ended up shredding all my gears in the tranny. had to put a whole new gear set :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts